Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Connects

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
41 of 59

Fergus,

I agree. I have taken measures to expand my job search elsewhere as I can no longer trust the JS and how it works. I am not willing to take the chance of the next client who does not understand a 7 hurts my score, or a client who changes the job completely on me then rates me lower on no skills (which of course I did not have when the job was changed) Until Upwork changes the way the metrics measure out or give me a way to understand how to prevent an issue or a dispute system so I can dispute the bad feedback, I will be looking elsewhere for work. 

So I agree that it may be a large percentage, without the facts we don't know. The top rated forum of happy campers is one way of seeing not everyone is migrating and again the forum posters is a small number to base assumptions on.

computerhxr
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
42 of 59

I always liked having the dual freelancing platforms.  I always preferred oDesk to Elance but Elance is nice for finding quick fixed priced projects.  Upwork has a lot more hourly jobs available.  Basically, I used them for different purposes because they attracted different types of clients.

In all honesty, I think they would have been better off merging the platforms but keeping them separate.  The only real difference would be UI and the logo.

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
43 of 59

@fergus M wrote:

This is true, Suzanne, but it'll be interesting to track the total number of people on Upwork and how it compares with the total on both platforms before the closure of Elance. 

Been busy since last week but I couldn't resist the urge on this one. Hopefully I will get some time later this week to finish up my other stuff on "open projects."

Picture1.jpg

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
anima9
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
44 of 59

Setu, you leave us with a cliffhanger. 

reichstephen
Community Guru
Stephen R Member Since: Jun 19, 2015
45 of 59

Setu what does that mean? Millions have left?

Thank you

ziadbd
Ace Contributor
ziad a Member Since: Apr 12, 2016
46 of 59

Hey Stephen R, thanks for being the voice of freelancers here in upwork!

reichstephen
Community Guru
Stephen R Member Since: Jun 19, 2015
47 of 59

I currently have 184 connects.

Busy and most jobs a low paying crap.

Anybody need connects?

LOL

b59eb006
Basheer D Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
48 of 59

I don't know why I am getting less responses after they moved to UpWork, in Elance, the interaction was better. I think for new joiners, 60 connects would be not enough as usually clients prefer to work with freelancers who had history and feedback.

gdaacme
rajpoot T Member Since: Aug 16, 2016
49 of 59

I'm a new freelancer here, I really don't have any idea before troubling and now not getting any solution how to find any job here. So please do something better for freelancer's also not only for you.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
50 of 59

@rajpoot T wrote:

I'm a new freelancer here, I really don't have any idea before troubling and now not getting any solution how to find any job here. So please do something better for freelancer's also not only for you.

You need to remove those links from your profile or you will be dealing with a suspension.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS