🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Increase in No. of Scam and Spam project
Page options
e5be3210
Community Member

Increase in No. of Scam and Spam project

Hi,

Recently, I've seen a lot of repeated projects posted by one same client, which I consider this as a spam.

I always thought that Upwork is strict in approving profiles, whether for freelancer or client.

I've been in a few freelance platform and have seen types of spam and scam job post so I can immediately recognize it when I saw those post in my feed.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Signs to look out for spam/scam post:

1. Time/timezone shown in client's detail is incoherent with the country. Or you can see different client from different countries showing the same time (eg. 1.23am).

2. Different client from different country have exactly the same project description.  (As attached).

3. Usually client's payment method is not verified and just recently join Upwork.

4. Offering high pay/set high budget for the project, hourly/fixed price to attract freelancer.

If you see these signs, please be cautious as you wouldn't want your connects wasted on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Yuri Nuraini,

Thanks for sharing this. Please know that you can report any job post that you find suspicious so our team can review and take action appropriately. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pgiambalvo
Community Member

I agree that there are many spam and scam posts here. Thanks for alerting others to be as cautious are you are, because many people are not. And Upwork is much more strict in approving and vetting  freelancers than they are clients or their posts, even ones that are obvious scams and spam that you can easily recognize. But you are not alone in noticing this problem. Please read this thread: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Same-job-is-continually-reposted/m-p/1014817#M640409

JoanneP

Hi Yuri Nuraini,

Thanks for sharing this. Please know that you can report any job post that you find suspicious so our team can review and take action appropriately. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members