🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Increase in contracts not awarded
Page options
sourceprouk
Community Member

Increase in contracts not awarded

I have noticed a recent increase in the jobs that are posted and never awarded. I get constant notifications of this.

These 'clients' are just time and money wasters. I spend time preparing my proposal and I spend connects on them.

People should be charged for posting jobs, Upwork needs to be considerate to their client freelances not just the client jon posters.

I post jobs, too, only when I am serious about them. Then I would not mind paying a fee to get a good freelancer to do the job.

If people see that it is free, they will not lose anything by posting a job, get up to 50 people wasting their time giving proposals, then disappear and leave the job to expire.

2 REPLIES 2
lewis_robert
Community Member

I would say 95% of all jobs posted are a waste of time, at least in my experience. I would say this is the Fivrr effect, people expecting freelancers to literally give work away for free.

However I think charging clients to post a job would ultimately scare off clients.

I think time wasters who never sign up freelancers should have their account blocked however.

Recently I've had a durge of prospects simply fishing for free advice.

Conversely, I've spoken to three (now new clients) recently who went for the cheapest option and we're stung badly, hence why they decided to come to me.

When posting a job, does Upwork recommend not going for the cheapest option?? If not, maybe that's something Upwork should consider

Also, good to see a fellow Norwich user 🙂
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members