🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Increase price by setting milestone / cha...
Page options
ppantele
Community Member

Increase price by setting milestone / change contract

Hello!

Since I'm new to Upwork, I have a question that might seem elementary.

I've made a contract with a client and agreed on the price ($60). However,  after the completion of the work (he funded the $60 milestone for this), he decided that he had some extra tasks for me and we agreed on an extra cost of $15 (overall $75). So, I created a new milestone for 15$ (after the contract ending date), which he accepted, and now it appears that the budget is $75, while in Escrow there are $60. Moreover, there is no "submission" option for the new milestone.

1.jpg

1. Will I be able to submit my work for the new milestone (that exceed contract's ending date)?

2. Will the client be able to pay me the extra $15?

3. If not, what should I do (change contract? propose a new one?)

Many thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Panteleimon,

I checked this for you and the contract you're referring to is not closed. Are you referring to the due date of it? The due date will not have any effect on the contract or your profile. It's solely there for the reference and if you and your client discussed it and agreed on a new due date, everything should be all right. 

Since you already submitted the work to the first milestone, please allow time for the client to respond and approve it. Make sure to start working on the next Milestone only after it has been funded for the appropriate amount. 

Please read more about working and getting paid on Fixed-Price contracts in this Help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Panteleimon,

I checked this for you and the contract you're referring to is not closed. Are you referring to the due date of it? The due date will not have any effect on the contract or your profile. It's solely there for the reference and if you and your client discussed it and agreed on a new due date, everything should be all right. 

Since you already submitted the work to the first milestone, please allow time for the client to respond and approve it. Make sure to start working on the next Milestone only after it has been funded for the appropriate amount. 

Please read more about working and getting paid on Fixed-Price contracts in this Help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ppantele
Community Member

Many thanks Boran for your time!

So, the due date is not restrictive (despite that the current due date for the contract has passed, although the new milestone is still pending?). However, me and my client have agreed on the new milestone, but there is $60 in Escrow, while the total budget is $75. Does this mean that he has not funded yet the milestone (and that, as soon as he does, there will be $75 in Escrow)?

My client sent me a screenshot of his view of contract and this is what he gets:

1.jpg

With no option for funding. What must he do?

Moreover, there is no "submit" button in the new milestone? Is this because it has not yet been funded or is there any other reason?

Thanks again, in advance,

/P

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct, Panteleimon. This milestone is yet to be funded/activated by the client. You can share this help article with them for more information. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ppantele
Community Member

Many thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths