🐈 Community
dgm237

Increase profile view

Hi

From a personal experience, I notice that we don’t earn contract by writing too many proposals.

Most of the time, serious clients view a profile and invite freelancer to apply for a job.

That’s how I obtain my first job.

Since then, I’ve been writing proposals every day (and event buying connects) without receiving any feedback for more than 40 days.

It’s only today that I notice no one view my profile since 12 may 2017.

Question : IS IT POSSIBLE TO INCREASE PROFILE VIEW ?

Sincerely

Maurice

5 REPLIES 5
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dongmo,

A lot of newer freelancers start off by sending targeted proposals to jobs within their skill set. Once the freelancer have build up their profile and received positive feedback on a few successfully completed contracts, they usually start getting invited by clients more. 

At this point you may want to to focus on improving your profile, adding more portfolio items and tests and writing great proposals.

Additionally, please remove links with contact information from your profile.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for your answer.

I found there is no test on Talend (I'm Talend Developer)

Is it possible for upwork to add those tests?

It will be interesting if only it was possible to know on which criteria UW sort freelancers in a search result.

In regards to URL on my profile, I think it should be ok now.

Sincerely

Maurice

Dongmo,

I'll share your suggestion to add Talend test with the team as it's not currently available. 

The way freelancers are shown in search depends on many factors and the order may vary depending on who's searching and what job they are searching for.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I mean display order when clients are searching for freelancers in a specific domain.

My profile is still flag (Not available to public)

Sincerely

Maurice

Learning Paths