🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Increasing profile views
Page options
erman020
Community Member

Increasing profile views

Hi,

I am Top Rated, have 100% JSS, have >4k earnings, 175 hours worked, and am sending proposals regularly. Also I have played a lot with my rate & profile & profile video & tags in my profile title to improve my profile viewings.

I can't seem to have more then 8/9 views. Also, I hear a lot about people getting invitations and clients. Personally, I haven't experienced this at all.. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong? I am really trying to work seriously on Upwork and have just quit my daily job to work fulltime on Upwork.. I have got 26 jobs till now so I am very happy with this, but I also would like to have invitations..

Could someone give me some advices ?

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Erman G wrote:

Hi,

I am Top Rated, have 100% JSS, have >4k earnings, 175 hours worked, and am sending proposals regularly. Also I have played a lot with my rate & profile & profile video & tags in my profile title to improve my profile viewings.

I can't seem to have more then 8/9 views. Also, I hear a lot about people getting invitations and clients. Personally, I haven't experienced this at all.. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong? I am really trying to work seriously on Upwork and have just quit my daily job to work fulltime on Upwork.. I have got 26 jobs till now so I am very happy with this, but I also would like to have invitations..

Could someone give me some advices ?

Upwork rotates freelancer regularly in their search algorithm, you don't have any influence on that. It depends how far the client is willing to scroll down when looking for somebody to invite. With the free client account, they only have 3 free invitations.

In short, don't rely on invitations at all. Rather focus on writing good proposals to win jobs. 

feliciaoates158
Community Member

Shortly after Upwork implemented its US Only gimmicky feature and related algorithm, my weekly views never recovered from that... Not surprised when reading others based in Western Europe felt the bang too.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members