Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Increasing the hourly rate without ending the contract

joyjebaraj
Ace Contributor
Joy Esther J Member Since: Feb 13, 2017
1 of 11

Hi,

 

Is it possible for the client to increase the hourly rate without ending the contract ? If the contract ends, then hours earned will be reset (> 500 will be reset).

 

Please suggest me.

 

Regards

 

Joy

 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 11

@Joy Esther J wrote:

 

1) Is it possible for the client to increase the hourly rate without ending the contract ?

2) If the contract ends, then hours earned will be reset (> 500 will be reset).

 

 


 1) Yes, the client can go to the contract and click on the button to increase the rate. This WILL create a new contract, but the old and the new contract are merged as soon as the fist payment at the new rate is made.

 

2) No, nothing is "reset" at all.

View solution in original post

jithintv
Ace Contributor
Jithin T Member Since: Oct 2, 2018
3 of 11

Hi Petra, 

 

Can you please confirm this is the case even now. I was given a different answer from support!

 

Thanks!

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
4 of 11

Jithin T wrote:

Hi Petra, 

 

Can you please confirm this is the case even now. I was given a different answer from support!

 

Thanks!



I had that situation and it was just as Petra had discribed.

jithintv
Ace Contributor
Jithin T Member Since: Oct 2, 2018
5 of 11
Hi Jennifer

May I know when was it? Was it recent ?
g_vasilevski
Moderator
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 11

Hi Jithin,

 

I`m sorry about the confusion. 
The information Petra shared are correct. If your client needs help with this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jithintv
Ace Contributor
Jithin T Member Since: Oct 2, 2018
7 of 11
Thanks for your reply Goran. My client has already edited the price. He mentioned he was not given an option to leave a feed back neither I see one from my end..though it shows as no f/b given on my profile.
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 11

Jithin T wrote:
Thanks for your reply Goran. My client has already edited the price. He mentioned he was not given an option to leave a feed back neither I see one from my end..though it shows as no f/b given on my profile.

It doesn't matter, the contract will be merged into the new one after the first time you are paid at the higher rate.

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
9 of 11

Jithin T wrote:
Hi Jennifer

May I know when was it? Was it recent ?

It was in August.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 11

Jithin T wrote:

 

Can you please confirm this is the case even now. I was given a different answer from support!


Come straight to the forum next time. 🙂

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS