cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing their own 'Job Success'

vk_developers
Vipin K Member Since: Aug 21, 2015
1 of 7

I have seen some people posting a jobs through a fake Client account and select their own Freelancer account. By doing this they increase their freelancer account 'Job Success' and have more job done to attract other clients those are real clients.

I checked that one client always hired a single freelancer and still paying her/his in hours. Which increases his/her job hours and seems real. And when i check client posted jobs it show me same freelancer hired again and again.

This is how Upwork.com works!?

Posting a job on upwork with a client account and hire a freelancer account in which you want to increase 'Job Success'.

Even if i flag them 'Inappropriate' does upwork come to know what are they doing or upwork just let them do what they do. If they post a job (client) and hire a freelancer, upwork get their price share(get $ as tax,etc.).

So this means upwork want more people to do like this or not?

How can i know that this job is fake or client will only hire himself?

Otherwise i am wasting my 'Available Connects' on these type of jobs in which client don't need us.Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for any help in advance

kulkarni_ashish
Community Guru
Ashish K Member Since: Mar 1, 2016
2 of 7

A client hiring the same freelancer does not mean they are the same person. It could mean that they like working with each other.

One client hired me for 4 different fixed price projects in March.

saydou
Community Guru
Kamaludin M Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
3 of 7

You don't have to worry about that because Upwork has the technology to detect these kind of things, also as Ashish noted it doesn't necessarily mean he/she is the same person, because so many clients hire same freelancers for every particular job but if you have a proof indicating that both the client and freelancer are the same person then contact customer support immediately.

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 7

Hi Vipin,

Having repeat clients who work with and hire the same freelancer/s for their jobs is common on Upwork, and is completely legitimate. If you have any evidence that a freelancer is hiring themselves in order to build feedback, please contact Customer Support and we'll investigate.

View solution in original post

rmbungabong
Rommela Maila B Member Since: Feb 20, 2013
5 of 7

hello, do you know the customer support email?

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
6 of 7

Hi Rommela Maila,

Could you please let me know what issues or questions you have and I'll make sure to escalate your concern or issue to the correct department?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
akbar_20120
Ace Contributor
Mohammad Akbar P Member Since: Apr 22, 2016
7 of 7

I once noticed this on Elance, a user created 3 fake email clients all from India and used to hire himself. The projects he as client himself posted hourly projects which lasts only one hour and completed with way long feedbacks Smiley Happy

I noticed this because he posted all three projects in one day, I reported it to Elance in detail what's happening here and after few hours they suspended all the accounts Smiley Happy

So you can't say ithis don't happen on Upwork, people with multiple PC, laptops with dirrent internet connections unique IPs still can' do this...

If you think something is weird, flag it and explain in detail why you think like that..

1) Check the client account, when it was created, how many jobs posted and how much he paid and how long the contract took and completed.

2) I agree with Ashish, if a client hires only one multiple times, dosen't mean he is fake.. but you can still go back to point one above and verify it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS