Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredibly inappropriate job posting

Highlighted
Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
11 of 31

I just live chatted with CS.  It did not go as I had hoped.  The rep said she would escalate it to their Market Place Quality Team.  I guess she's not empowered to remove obviously inappropriate job postings.

Oh, and she asked me to flag the job - which I had 10 minutes ago.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
12 of 31

All I can say for sure is that the recruiter is from eastern Europe.

Highlighted
Community Guru
13 of 31

Yeah, the vkontakte request gave that away.  This situation is sickening.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
14 of 31

You'd like to think that as "clients" are posting RFPs, some words would raise a big red flag - at least as a "let us check this out" measure before it goes live on the site.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 31

Hi Heath and others,

I am following up to make sure the Marketplace Quality team reviews Heath's report as soon as possible.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
16 of 31

Heath is a nice guy.

But, seriously, he's not an Upwork employee. He's not getting paid for this. There really needs to be a way to report things like this without having to go through so much hassle.

And why are we being asked to contact customer support for something like this? Heath knows this is wrong. He doesn't need "support." He's trying to help Upwork out. He's the person providing support.

Highlighted
Community Guru
17 of 31

@Preston H wrote:

Heath is a nice guy.

But, seriously, he's not an Upwork employee. He's not getting paid for this. There really needs to be a way to report things like this without having to go through so much hassle.

And why are we being asked to contact customer support for something like this? Heath knows this is wrong. He doesn't need "support." He's trying to help Upwork out. He's the person providing support.

Thank you, Preston!  I've been clicking reload on this posting and it's still there, 2 hours after I first reported it.  No one is forcing me to do it, but this posting was so egregiously evil that I wanted to follow up on it.  It would have been nice if the CS rep had been able to take it down immediately. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
18 of 31

Wow, here's 2 more.  I imagine both of these are the same poster.  I'm flagging them, but not wasting my time chatting to CS again.  At least these probably aren't human trafficking.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

And the second posting already has a hire.

Looks like the virtual assistant section of Upwork is becoming backpage.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
19 of 31

Valeria, thank you for seeing to the first post, which is "no longer available". 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 31

Heath and Nichola,

We are having the other two jobs checked as well. 

I'll have to edit Heath's post to remove reference to those jobs though.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS