Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Inexperienced client 4,5 feedback

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
Pete L Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
31 of 69

 

 

I have decided the JSS is all black magic,  my profile says  5 jobs completed 5,5,5,5 4.45 , 2 long term contracts over $330 earned on those each.

 

And my JSS went down 75% to 70% , I couldn't understand why it was 75% in the first place, it seems that cleints can write things positive on ypur public profile, pay you the fee and slag you off privately and you have no recourse to disagree..

 

Clients rarely look at your profile anyway. 

 

Personally i'm fed up with the whole thing.

 

Pete

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
Pete L Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
32 of 69

Personally I think they should cancel the ability to refund a client and have your score reinstated if it was a poor result.

 

This must be encouraging clients to wait for you to return their money cos they done a stictch up on you.privately.

 

If they don't complain about the job, give you 5 stars publicly , how in the name of the wee man can you not get a good JSS. 

 

It's all black magic, and priority os given to the client, 

 

To say the whole thing is makeing me annoyed is under statement..

 

ps i am waiting for the hordes of Upwork sycophants to come to their defence as their hoping to get a gig answering comments  on here............

 

 

Pete 

 

Still in Bangkok

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
33 of 69

I agree that it must be dark magic. Since I have no soul and I'm a spawn from hell, this must be why mine keeps going up. Hail Stan.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
34 of 69

@Peter L wrote:

Personally I think they should cancel the ability to refund a client and have your score reinstated if it was a poor result.

 

This must be encouraging clients to wait for you to return their money cos they done a stictch up on you.privately.

 

If they don't complain about the job, give you 5 stars publicly , how in the name of the wee man can you not get a good JSS. 

 

It's all black magic, and priority os given to the client, 

 

To say the whole thing is makeing me annoyed is under statement..

 

ps i am waiting for the hordes of Upwork sycophants to come to their defence as their hoping to get a gig answering comments  on here............

 

 

Pete 

 

Still in Bangkok


 It is not only private feedback that can bring your JSS down. However, I think it was probably your first client who dissed you. As to your PS, you could not be more wrong, or more insulting.

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
Pete L Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
35 of 69

 

You think the Upwork sycophants don't exist?

 

More and more comment about the JSS , and on one, people were mocking and making fun.

 

The truth is the JSS is flawed, it can be used by unscrupulous clients , or vndictive clients.

 

How can a public profile be so out of sync with the private feedback, and yet that is deemed as fair?

 

Pete

 

Still in Bnagkok

 

cancelled Freelancer plus.

 

 

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
36 of 69

 


@Peter L wrote:

 

You think the Upwork sycophants don't exist?

 

More and more comment about the JSS , and on one, people were mocking and making fun.

 

The truth is the JSS is flawed, it can be used by unscrupulous clients , or vndictive clients.

 

How can a public profile be so out of sync with the private feedback, and yet that is deemed as fair?

 

Pete

 

Still in Bnagkok

 

cancelled Freelancer plus.

 

 



The people who post often on the forum, help more often than they hinder.

 

I would suggest you get a little more experience on the site before making these sweeping statements. You could start by not accusing Upwork, but by looking at your own work a little more objectively. None of us like getting bad feedback. But it can sometimes be a wake-up call for us to review our work, our attitude, and our strategy.

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
Pete L Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
37 of 69

 

 

SERIOUSLY?

 

 

Here is a breakdown of my JSS on public

 

5,5,5,5,4.45 . I am not complaining about getting bad feedback, I AM COMPLAINIING ABOUT THERE IS NO BAD FEEDBACK, NO CLIENTS COMPLAINING, NO REQUESTS TO REVIEW THE WORK OR RESUBMIT AND YET THE JSS is 70%

 

There is a pattern of psycophants never slagging off upwork, or saying" it'sok in the long run when your JSS improves," the truth is the JSS system is flawed.

 

Experience on the site, ????? What so I turn into an Upwork Sycophant, I don't need experience on the site to see when something is flawed.

 

 

I repeat, 6 weeks on Upwork, completed tasks x 5  score of 5,5,5,5,4,45 , one task waiting for client review, 2 hourly contracts clocked up $600 , and a JSS of 70%, not one client bad comment or message regarding poor or untimely work.

 

I have no issues with my work, I do have issues with the way Upwork allows hidden snidey comments or Black magic to hide the way the JSS is calculated. I can also say by the public comments from my clients that they don't have any problem with my work either, so go on tell me

 

HOW IS THE JSS CALCULATED ? 

 

 

I have cancelled my Freelancer plus and I am making plans to move away for Upwork completely. 

 

 

 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
38 of 69

@Peter L wrote:

 

 

SERIOUSLY?

 

 

Here is a breakdown of my JSS on public

 

5,5,5,5,4.45 . I am not complaining about getting bad feedback, I AM COMPLAINIING ABOUT THERE IS NO BAD FEEDBACK, NO CLIENTS COMPLAINING, NO REQUESTS TO REVIEW THE WORK OR RESUBMIT AND YET THE JSS is 70%

 

There is a pattern of psycophants never slagging off upwork, or saying" it'sok in the long run when your JSS improves," the truth is the JSS system is flawed.

 

Experience on the site, ????? What so I turn into an Upwork Sycophant, I don't need experience on the site to see when something is flawed.

 

 

I repeat, 6 weeks on Upwork, completed tasks x 5  score of 5,5,5,5,4,45 , one task waiting for client review, 2 hourly contracts clocked up $600 , and a JSS of 70%, not one client bad comment or message regarding poor or untimely work.

 

I have no issues with my work, I do have issues with the way Upwork allows hidden snidey comments or Black magic to hide the way the JSS is calculated. I can also say by the public comments from my clients that they don't have any problem with my work either, so go on tell me

 

HOW IS THE JSS CALCULATED ? 

 

 

I have cancelled my Freelancer plus and I am making plans to move away for Upwork completely. 

 

 

 


 Nobody cares if you quit the freelancer plus membership. 

 

Second, you say there is "no bad feedback" but there is somewhere. You're not getting the concept of private feedback. Rate one of your customers next time. The feedback input you give them is pretty much the same the client gives to you.

 

Are you a writer? Cuz for some reason it's writers who don't get this concept.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
39 of 69

Peter L wrote:

 

"I have no issues with my work, I do have issues with the way Upwork allows hidden snidey comments or Black magic to hide the way the JSS is calculated. I can also say by the public comments from my clients that they don't have any problem with my work either, so go on tell me"

 

If your JSS is at 70% - then there is a problem - and you should review your work. It does not pay to be arrogant as a freelancer. One way of doing it, perhaps, is to refresh your profile to attract a better sort of client.

 

However, it could be your first client who brought you down. Whether we like private feedback or not, is immaterial - it is not going to change. If our JSS drops, we have to figure out how we can improve, or go back over conversations with clients and see where we might not be meeting expectations, and it is not always easy.

 

 

 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
40 of 69

@Peter L wrote:

 

You think the Upwork sycophants don't exist?

 

More and more comment about the JSS , and on one, people were mocking and making fun.

 

The truth is the JSS is flawed, it can be used by unscrupulous clients , or vndictive clients.

 

How can a public profile be so out of sync with the private feedback, and yet that is deemed as fair?

 

Pete

 

Still in Bnagkok

 

cancelled Freelancer plus.

 

 


 As I just said in another thread, I think the value of the 1-10 private feedback drops off tremendously after certain values. So like you're OK at 8-10 but you get hit hard at 7... that type of thing.

 

I'm pretty sure my nightmare client from May rated me a 1 in private feedback (or close to it) but gave me 3 stars so it was visibly OK and not terrible.

 

70% is pretty bad so it would behoove you to figure out what you're doing wrong and figure it out rather than rant about the system cuz the system ain't going anywhere.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS