Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Inexperienced client 4,5 feedback

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
Pete L Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
41 of 69

 

 

Jennifer

 

I can't figure what i am doing wrong, not one bad word has been said by a client, not one request to resubmit, not a murmor not a peep.  I have made $660 + in the last 5 weeks, not a great deal, but i dont need it to be, also in the type of work i do. so overall im reasonably happy.

 

So how do i change what isn't broken, publicly my profile shouldnt be 70% , but somehow it is, so i have decided it isn't worht the hassle any more, and I am going to stop working on Upwork.

 

I have already cancelled my Freelancer plus, it is annpying as I have found one client that is really enjoyable to work with, so I will probably keep that one upwork client going until, he no longer needs me. 

Then I will kill the profile for good.

 

Pete

 

Still in Bangkok

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
Pete L Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
42 of 69

 

 

Jennifer

 

No im not a writer, in fact the work I am doing is mainly transcription, which si either rigth or wrong,  With one long term client of over 100 hrs on transcription, i must be doing something correct, ok, it isnt going to bust the bank, but it shows consistency or they wouldn't continue.

 

Pete

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
43 of 69

@Peter L wrote:

 

 

Jennifer

 

I can't figure what i am doing wrong, not one bad word has been said by a client, not one request to resubmit, not a murmor not a peep.  I have made $660 + in the last 5 weeks, not a great deal, but i dont need it to be, also in the type of work i do. so overall im reasonably happy.

 

So how do i change what isn't broken, publicly my profile shouldnt be 70% , but somehow it is, so i have decided it isn't worht the hassle any more, and I am going to stop working on Upwork.

 

I have already cancelled my Freelancer plus, it is annpying as I have found one client that is really enjoyable to work with, so I will probably keep that one upwork client going until, he no longer needs me. 

Then I will kill the profile for good.

 

Pete

 

Still in Bangkok


 Sometimes clients just close the contract and pay if they aren't happy. That's a hell of a lot better than them wanting their money back. Not much you can do about it. Sometimes you're just not the right writer.

 

I always wonder if that is the case when I get people who pay and bail and don't say anything. 

 

Maybe you just had some bad luck with people who didn't like your stuff. You'll find that most people aren't going to argue or give you any feedback if they don't like it. Most people don't want the confrontation. I'm that way. If I tried out a writer and didn't like him, I wouldn't argue. I'd just pay and find someone else. They just pay and move on, which is preferable to a dispute. Only you can really identify where you're going wrong. 

 

You have to get out of the employee mindset. Needing feedback is an employee mindset. You have to be able to identify your weaknesses by yourself because most people aren't going to tell you. This is common in the consulting/contracting world. 

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
Pete L Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
44 of 69

 

 

Jennifer

 

 

I'm not a writer, also i dont care if i dont get feedback, I do care that the feedback I get is almot 95% but for some reason i dont have that as a JSS.

 

What i want is transparency, if you do good work, it is reflected, if you do good work and you get no adverse comments, how can the system be true with  70% JSS .?

 

It doesn't matter anyway, Ive decided Upwork needs to change and as it's been pointed out, they won't , so I will stop using Upwork.

 

Pete

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
45 of 69

When a freelancer has very few jobs, the private feedback for each one is understandably going to carry more weight. Those who don't leave public feedback may also factor in as well. Additionally, though others disagree, the JSS, IMO, in heavily influenced by long-term and repeat contract statistics. Lacking repeat clients or very few long-term ones is going to hurt. It will hurt even more so if there is a lack of the positive factors and a few negative factors. Given the huge number of freelancers available to clients, I doubt if

 

Given the huge number of freelancers available to clients, I doubt if Upwork will suffer if those who don't like the business model leave. I can't understand why a freelancer would continue to work with a platform that wasn't profitable for him or her. Perhaps give it a try for a few months. But if I try something out and it isn't a good fit for the way I work or my goals, I don't stick around. 

 

Find what works for you. Focus on profitable platforms and sectors. Good luck. 

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
Pete L Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
46 of 69

Thanks Tonya

 

I do think Upwork can make money for me, 

 

However; I cannot figure out the why on earth with no outwardly public criticism or even a negative comment during communications, that I have 70% , as this is fundamental in the way Upwork functions. I have decided to stop.

 

Yes I know me leaving upwork wont make a sweet bit of difference, but if everyone that is pissed off with the JSS does as I am doing, someone , somewhere at some point will think, hold on a minute.

 

 

pete

 

 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
47 of 69

@Peter L wrote:

Thanks Tonya

 

I do think Upwork can make money for me, 

 

However; I cannot figure out the why on earth with no outwardly public criticism or even a negative comment during communications, that I have 70% , as this is fundamental in the way Upwork functions. I have decided to stop.

 

Yes I know me leaving upwork wont make a sweet bit of difference, but if everyone that is pissed off with the JSS does as I am doing, someone , somewhere at some point will think, hold on a minute.

 

 

pete

 

 


 lol because nobody is going to bother helping you figure out what you're doing wrong. If someone is forking out $100 and they aren't entirely happy, they will pay and move on. It could be your attitude, your personality, your work... could be anything. Nobody is going to bother to sit you down and explain. Employee mindset. This is consultant work, so clients will rate you and move on. 

 

You need to understand the way people work. This will give you a better understanding of why you hear no bad feedback but your score is low. Then, ask yourself what you could be doing wrong. I'm sure you have a clue. When I get bad feedback, I kinda know it's coming.

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
Pete L Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
48 of 69

There is no point in argiuing, is there?

 

Loads fo freelancers are pissed off with the JSS, yet the answer is always the freelancer.

 

enough is enough.

 

I am done with Upwork 

 

 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
49 of 69

@Peter L wrote:

There is no point in argiuing, is there?

 

Loads fo freelancers are pissed off with the JSS, yet the answer is always the freelancer.

 

enough is enough.

 

I am done with Upwork 

 

 


 tbf, only the losing freelancers are complaining about the JSS. Since there are always more losers than winners, I guess "loads" of freelancers is an accurate statement. I'll give you that one.

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
Pete L Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
50 of 69

that is the underlying answer to everything on Upwork, its the Frelancer that is wrong, never Upwork or the cleint system.

 

 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS