Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inexperienced client 4,5 feedback

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
51 of 69

@Peter L wrote:

that is the underlying answer to everything on Upwork, its the Frelancer that is wrong, never Upwork or the cleint system.

Peter either put your "threats" into practice, or get on with it. Upwork is not going to change because a handful of freelancers disagree with its practices - there are millions of others who don't disagree and who do rather nicely on the platform, and who would probably die rather than make themselves known on the forum - so do a little reality check . . .

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
Pete L Member Since: Oct 22, 2016
52 of 69

The biggest thread on here is on where people are unhappy with the JSS system, coincidence. NO

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
53 of 69

Pete,

As described in this help article that we've shared with you before, jobs with no earnings or no public feedback are also counted in your score. If no money was paid on the contract or the payment was refunded fully, the job will not show on your public Work History but will still contribute to your Job Success score. That's why Job Success score is a more complete evaluation of freelancer performance on Upwork.

Please, note that a few comments have been removed from this thread for Community Guidelines. Please, be mindful of the Guidelines and respectful toward opinions of other members when posting in the Community.

~ Valeria
Upwork
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
54 of 69

the ol' "tell half of the story and pretend like I'm just all 5 stars" thing. Figures.

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
55 of 69

I have not told only half the story, read my profile, see the comments, and you tell me why it is 70%

In fact don't bother, ive ahd enough of the "BLACK MAGIC" I'm done

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
56 of 69

I have never had a contract where no money was passed, there was one client , who moved the goal posts and I cancelled working with him,  I raised that on another thread " client moved the goal posts" I was told that no contract was sent so it didn't count to my JSS.

And if it did, why does it? is it ok for a clinet to advertise one thing, get you to accept, then send you a 5 page guideline written by Billy aged 5 and you have to abide by it?????

As for haring with me the the so called : help article" jut why is there sooooooo many unhappy people with the JSS  system? That cannot for the life of them understand why.

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
57 of 69

Every contract I have been on has earned money.

all of them are listed here, all of them are shown on my profiel, as usual the typical Upwork answer that actually answers nothing.

Hidden back stabbing comments on profiles is not the way to create a JSS system, it is allowing clients to tarnish peoples profiles when the frrelancer has done no wrong. 

That cannot be good for any business.

PS I HAVE NEVER REFUNDED ANY MONEY, APART FROM WHEN A CLIENT OVERPAID ME ON A BONUS, I REFUNDED THAT BONUS. i STILL RECEIVED MY BONUS FOR THAT PART OF THE CONTRACT.

lairdpeter424
Community Leader
58 of 69

Are you telling me the bonus that my client made an error paying me affects my JSS?

I also clocked hours on the Tracking system for the wrong clients, actually 2 hourly contracts that I done work but it was incorrectly logged, so i deleted the screens as it was unfair to bill someone for someone elses work. so they got free work and i got nothing

I am sure you can check the logs.

In fact it is something that Upwork recommends you do.

here is an email from my client, parts redacted asking me to refund his over paid bonus

it seems i cant upload a screenshot, of the emails.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
59 of 69

@Peter L wrote:

I'm not a writer, also i dont care if i dont get feedback, I do care that the feedback I get is almot 95% but for some reason i dont have that as a JSS.

You should care if you don't get feedback; contracts with no feedback negatively impact your 
JSS.
I think if in fact your transcription is consistently accurate and timely, you have to consider the possibility that your clients just don't like working with you. That would explain why they would give you 5 stars in response to specific categories such as "skills," yet give you a low rating when asked whether they'd work with you again or recommend you.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
60 of 69

@Peter L wrote:

ps i am waiting for the hordes of Upwork sycophants to come to their defence as their hoping to get a gig answering comments  on here............

Pete 

Still in Bangkok

If you ever take a moment to look at the profiles of the people who consistently support Upwork's right to run its business as it sees fit, you will see that most of us would have to cut our rates by 75% or more to take on "a gig answering comments" here or anywhere else.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS