🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Info required on W-8BEN
Page options
ismatzahra
Community Member

Info required on W-8BEN

Hello guys, I need one more assistance regarding W-8BEN. I am an international student currently ride in Malaysia and working individually as a freeelancer. So how this W-8BEN tax thing will work for me? Please, can anyone assist me? Thank you so much. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ismat,

The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ismat,

The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much. Smiley Happy

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths