🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Information regarding dispute
Page options
advansoltech
Community Member

Information regarding dispute

Hello there,

Recently i was in contract with a client and she asked for a logo, i designed the logo just as she asked because she gave me the concept by herself. Then she asked for the revisions again and again. The job budget was 20$ and i accepted the offer because she already sent the concept and she wanted minor updates. But after a bundle of updates in logo created she said it's ok now. But when i delivered the milestone she refued to accept the milestone completion request by saying "No, just send me the draft yet." I told her thataccording to job description as well as your requirement the task is completed. And as this is not an hourly job so i think i have completed  & delivered the final files after your satisfaction.

Then she ended the contract and asked for the refund which i refused because i had already sent the source file with the milestone request abnd filled a dispute. The upwork then didn't even took this matter as serious because it worth only 20$. On 23rd june they refunded the client's funds and offered me courtesy credit which should be added to my account within 5 working days.

In responce to this decision i asked the representative about the decision and the effects of this contract, mainly the feedback she might have given to me. But niether i got any responce from the representative nor the courtesy credit till date. Although the contract is not showing on my profile but it is showing in my "All Contracts". 

Now in a nut shell, my problem is that will the the feedback of that client will be counted in my JSS or not?

Your kind consideration will be highly appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,

Sadaf I.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sadaf,

I'm sorry about the outcome of this contract. I followed up with our team and can confirm courtesy credit was issued on 6/23, please check your Transaction History and let us know if you have any questions.

Note that this contract won't be displayed on your profile since it was canceled and no payment was processed. In general, when a contract fails to lead to any earnings your JSS will be negatively impacted. Jobs that lack earnings and have positive outcomes will be excluded from JSS.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Sadaf I wrote:

Now in a nut shell, my problem is that will the the feedback of that client will be counted in my JSS or not?.

Yes, it will be counted in your JSS, who "wins" mediation has no effect on that. You'll get your courtesy credit as well. Essentially it simply isn't worth Upwork's time to mediate a  $ 20 contract. It costs more than they earn. It costs more than just paying you out of their own pocket.

Your JSS will see a tumble, it seems that including this, there are then 3 recent contracts that didn't go so well.

Thanks,
Actually i didn't filled the dispute for 20$. I filled it because i heard
that contracts without earnings also effects your JSS badly. That's why i
applied for a mediation. But i think it is really disappointing ... in both
the cases, freelancer will have to suffer.

This client's behavior was atrocious. I may very sorry that you had to deal with such a person.

Sadaf I wrote:

Actually i didn't filled the dispute for 20$. I filled it because i heard
that contracts without earnings also effects your JSS badly. That's why i
applied for a mediation. 

The impact of a nothing paid contract is no worse than that of a contract with poor private feedback. The private feedback was already left, the only difference is that with a contract with earnings, the client gets to leave public feedback too.

Thanks Petra,

But i think that even in case of a contract with no earning, client can leave a private feedback. It means if a client first posted a job and hired someone, after hiring he demanded something more than as described in job post and freelancer refuses to give this much services in we can say as an example 20$. The client rushes to end the contract and leaves a bad feedback. At the end again freelancer will suffer and as the contract was just 20$ so the last hope of a freelancer on this platform will also not help him because it's not worth it.

Sadaf I wrote:

Thanks Petra,

But i think that even in case of a contract with no earning, client can leave a private feedback. It means if a client first posted a job and hired someone, after hiring he demanded something more than as described in job post and freelancer refuses to give this much services in we can say as an example 20$. The client rushes to end the contract and leaves a bad feedback. At the end again freelancer will suffer and as the contract was just 20$ so the last hope of a freelancer on this platform will also not help him because it's not worth it.

I think that you're misunderstanding. Even if the contract had been worth hundreds or thousands of dollars, Upwork mediation can't take sides and force a client to give you good feedback or stop being mean to you. The outcome would have been the same (bad feedback), and if the project value had been higher, you wouldn't have gotten any money unless you were willing to pay $291 for arbitration. You were fortunate in that you got paid - out of Upwork's own pocket - without having to go through the stress and bother of mediation. 

You also need to take some responsibility for what happened - it says right in your profile that you will provide "unlimited revisions (till your satisfaction)." Why would you make such a promise, if you're not prepared to keep it? Take that out of your profile (!!!) and next time, specify how many rounds of revisions you're willing to do.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sadaf,

I'm sorry about the outcome of this contract. I followed up with our team and can confirm courtesy credit was issued on 6/23, please check your Transaction History and let us know if you have any questions.

Note that this contract won't be displayed on your profile since it was canceled and no payment was processed. In general, when a contract fails to lead to any earnings your JSS will be negatively impacted. Jobs that lack earnings and have positive outcomes will be excluded from JSS.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks everyone for yur time and suggestions.

And yeah Vladimir,i am sorry as 20$ are in transaction history but as you can see in "All contracts" it shows 20$ Remaining and 0$ Earning. This was the first time this happened perhaps that's why i didn't know.

Thanks once again to everyone.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members