🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Initiate Video Call
Page options
decadent_ipsum
Community Member

Initiate Video Call

Hello,
Hello,

I verified my ID a couple of days ago but I still get a notification on my dashboard to Verify my identity.

The next step is to initiate a video call but there is to “Action Required” button in order to schedule the call.

What can I do in order to make this happen?

Regards,
Andreas

46 REPLIES 46
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please bear with us as this may take a little time to get information since we’re waiting on a response from another team. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey Aleksandar,

Thanks for your quick response.

Hope my account will not be blocked as the deadline for the verification ends on 30th of July 🙂

Regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Please go to your Settings, on the left side click on the Identity Verification tab and from there you should see a button to start a Video Call as shown in the screenshot here. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey Aleksandar,

I followed the steps provided and but the button does not write "start a Video Call" but "Start Chat". After i press the button it redirects me to https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=verify-profile

where i can not find any relevant link to start a video call.

Hi Andreas,

I'm sorry for the confusion. The button should state 'Start Chat' as shown in the screenshot on my previous message. After clicking on the button, a new page should be opened with a popup window inside letting you know how to proceed with the video call. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let me know if the problem persists so that I can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey Aleksandar,

Unfortunatelly non of the steps you suggested seems to resolve the issue.

I tried both with Chrome, Safari and the button redirects me to the page i wrote before.

I cleared the cache and cookies. I also visited the site settings and allow pop ups to be displayed.

Regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi all,

I am having almost exactly the same problem.

After I tried to change my avatar and accidently choosen wrong picture where it was without my face I started to see message "action needed, verify your id". The link leads to general support page and nothing happens. The link https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=verify-profile

In my "settings" I see that ID uploaded (May 2019), video verification done (Jul 2019), no buttons to undergo the procedure once again.

On support page, where the link leads, I opened dev console and there are two errors "all providers failed" which clearly indicates problem on Upwork's site.

I've created a ticket for this and for a few days already I am talking to support guys and their answer is "we are busy with your problem, thank you for your patience".

I am sure situation like this is serious reputation impact for Upwork. just after month or two after all verification passed I have to undergo it once again and I can't and Upwork is not going to temporary lift restrictions on my account ((((((

...and it is crucial to me, since I left regular job in order to be a freelancer, step by step develop my agency and partner with Upwork (((

Will I receive any help in my situation?

Kind regards,

Yuriy Horobey

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Yuriy,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 

I checked your account and confirm that our engineering team is working on resolving your problem as soon as possible. Once our team has an update one of our team members will reach out to you on your ticket with number 26262706.
If you have any additional questions or you would like to share additional information feel free to update your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

After 1000-s of pressing CTRL+R all of sudden the video-chat window hass
popped up and I had ability to chat and present my ID etc. But why is it so
hard?

Hi Yuriy,

Our team was working on resolving your problem and slowly pushing the fix. At the moment I still can't confirm that everything is resolved as our engineering team will need to double check everything. I`m happy to hear that you were able to complete your verification.

If you do notice any other information that can help our engineering team, feel free to update your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue. I've uploaded my Government ID and need to video chat but same as them, the start a chat green box takes me to a page where it says ask the automated robot. I need help for this.

Thanks,

Almera

Well to be true, Im frontend developer and I found what is the problem: bug
on Upwork site.

They give a request to 3rd party IP discovery services to find your
where-abouts.
If that service for your country is overbusy, then it fails and in console
(press F12 if you're under windows and navigate to "console" tab in
developer tools) so in console you see an error "all providers busy" or a
like.

I think I've reported it to Upwork, but seems they didn't take any actions
yet.
So I bypassed that place and -- voila -- the video popup appeared and I
demonstrated all my docs and passed the interview.

I hope Upwork will not perceive this action as any "hacking" and will fix
the bug

Hi Almera, and Yuriy,

Almera, I checked and it seems that you already have an open ticket for the issue you are experiencing and someone from our team already responded on the ticket. In the meantime, could you please try accessing the verification page on your desktop computer as well?

Yuriy, I checked but couldn't find enough information to submit a report. Could you please send me a PM with more information regarding the bug itself and the methods you used to bypass and I will make sure to send the report so that our team can investigate?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Uploaded my ID a few minutes ago. Can't make the video call, explains that the internet connection is to slow or the browser not updated.

As I installed Firefox for Android today, just as the process requires that, it's up to date, internet shows 4/5 bars 4G. So what's the problem? (See enclosed screenshot)

Talking to a bot didn't help at all.
I am working on a job right now, so it would be nice, to fix that issue soon

Hello Astrid,

Could you please try completing the process by logging in to another internet connects, or via computer? If you`re still experiencing the same problem, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hello i have face some problem with my account. i can not give a video verification. please help me how can i do for that? i do not have much time to give it. i have a time for only 2 days left. so i need to solve my problem as soon as possible.

Hi Taukir,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your account and respond accordingly to your open ticket. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Exactly same issue is here with me that my first step is completed but I want to initiate a video call but couldn't find any link or button. So kindly tell me how I can proceed further to complete second verificaiton step. Thanks.

Hi Momin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You can start the video call by going to Settings > Identity Verification and click on the green button 'Start Chat' as shown in this screenshot. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I have a same issue when I click "Start Chat" button, I can see you verified my ID today.

How can I start  the video chat with your team?

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi NELIPA;

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
98cedeca
Community Member

Hello, thank you for your quick reply. I followed your quotes  to clear and change the browser, but I can't meet your members on a video chat.

When I click the start chat button, it's redirecting to https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=verify-profile&flash_digest=534c88597ee1ca188b6522c65e658...

Is there another way to call your members?

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi NELIPA,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar! I´m having the exact same problem...Tryed all the solutions you suggested but none of them work for me 😕 Could you please help me? Thanks!

Hi Sofia,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there,

I have some question from u tward upwork!

plz can I as u 

Hi Ahmad,

Feel free to post your questions here and I will assist you further. Please keep in mind that sharing private details publicly in the Community is not allowed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! I'm currently having this issue and wondering what can I do to get verified before the deadline. I'm hoping for your response.

Hi Kristel,

I would recommend clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via Firefox to connect with one of our agents. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! Thank you for the quick response.

I already cleared my cache and tried on another browser. But it still redirects to the support page.

Regards,
Kristel Tacadena

Hi Kristel,

Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for the quick response.

I already cleared my cache and tried using another browser, however, it still redirects me to the support page. Is there any other way to get a link for the video call? Thank you.

Hi, Sorry for writing here, but I have simillar problem. I followed your guidance, but when I click on start chat, this appears and when I click on something it always brings me back to thislike in the screenshot.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Monika,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
5fe7e43e
Community Member

Thank you for responding so quickly. Unfortunatelly it is always the same

Monika

Monika:
This isn't your fault.

You a discussing a tool which has improved significantly in its reliability over the past year.

But it is still hit-or-miss.
The tool works only intermittently for some people. And it doesn't work at all for some people.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Monika,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can't find the link to complete my verification through the video call process, each time I click on the start chat button it takes me to the help dashboard, please I need ur assistance, I have attached a screenshot. thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths