Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initiate Video Call

Andreas Z Member Since: Jul 26, 2019
1 of 12

Hello,
Hello,

I verified my ID a couple of days ago but I still get a notification on my dashboard to Verify my identity.

The next step is to initiate a video call but there is to “Action Required” button in order to schedule the call.

What can I do in order to make this happen?

Regards,
Andreas

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2 of 12

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please bear with us as this may take a little time to get information since we’re waiting on a response from another team. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
3 of 12

Hey Aleksandar,

Thanks for your quick response.

Hope my account will not be blocked as the deadline for the verification ends on 30th of July Smiley Happy

Regards,

Andreas

4 of 12

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Please go to your Settings, on the left side click on the Identity Verification tab and from there you should see a button to start a Video Call as shown in the screenshot here. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
5 of 12

Hey Aleksandar,

I followed the steps provided and but the button does not write "start a Video Call" but "Start Chat". After i press the button it redirects me to https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=verify-profile

where i can not find any relevant link to start a video call.

6 of 12

Hi Andreas,

I'm sorry for the confusion. The button should state 'Start Chat' as shown in the screenshot on my previous message. After clicking on the button, a new page should be opened with a popup window inside letting you know how to proceed with the video call. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let me know if the problem persists so that I can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
7 of 12

Hey Aleksandar,

Unfortunatelly non of the steps you suggested seems to resolve the issue.

I tried both with Chrome, Safari and the button redirects me to the page i wrote before.

I cleared the cache and cookies. I also visited the site settings and allow pop ups to be displayed.

Regards,

Andreas

8 of 12

Hi Andreas,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Yuriy H Member Since: Jul 7, 2018
9 of 12

Hi all,

I am having almost exactly the same problem.

After I tried to change my avatar and accidently choosen wrong picture where it was without my face I started to see message "action needed, verify your id". The link leads to general support page and nothing happens. The link https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=verify-profile

In my "settings" I see that ID uploaded (May 2019), video verification done (Jul 2019), no buttons to undergo the procedure once again.

On support page, where the link leads, I opened dev console and there are two errors "all providers failed" which clearly indicates problem on Upwork's site.

I've created a ticket for this and for a few days already I am talking to support guys and their answer is "we are busy with your problem, thank you for your patience".

I am sure situation like this is serious reputation impact for Upwork. just after month or two after all verification passed I have to undergo it once again and I can't and Upwork is not going to temporary lift restrictions on my account ((((((

...and it is crucial to me, since I left regular job in order to be a freelancer, step by step develop my agency and partner with Upwork (((

Will I receive any help in my situation?

Kind regards,

Yuriy Horobey

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 12

Hi Yuriy,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 

I checked your account and confirm that our engineering team is working on resolving your problem as soon as possible. Once our team has an update one of our team members will reach out to you on your ticket with number 26262706.
If you have any additional questions or you would like to share additional information feel free to update your ticket. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS