🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Initiate the end to contract
Page options
bianca1207cruz
Community Member

Initiate the end to contract

Hello Upwork,

This client of my wants me to initiate the end to the contract in which they are the one who no longer needs my services in the first place. They should've not provided me a 25 hours weekly contract as I declined 1 possible job offer because of them.
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Bianca Camille C wrote:
This client of my wants me to initiate the end to the contract in which they are the one who no longer needs my services in the first place.

Clients can end a contract at any time. This is freelancing, not employment.

Usually when clients ask a freelancer to end the contract, it is because they do not want to leave feedback. That usually works in your favour, as more often than not, the reason why clients want to avoid leaving feedback is because the feedback they would have left would not be great.

What is your actual question? If the client no longer wants to work with you, just end the contract. Presumably you have worked with the client and earned some money under the contract so far?

I think Petra is right. This client is trying to help you out.

If a client asks me to end the contract, I think her for the opportunity I had to work on her project and I end the contract immediately from my end.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members