🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Innaceptable rates / ''
Page options
c5608a93
Community Member

Innaceptable rates / ''

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hello

I see a request for 14 files Voicing  (to be delivered separately of course) + Translation at ..... 6 USD !!!!! (fixed price) (ie 2.50 euros in the end) How can we reduce the cost of our work? It is scandalous? For this job, it takes at least 1h30 of effective work .... The debate is open .... Personally, I feel boil ....

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
c5608a93
Community Member

Important Precision: I specify that this job is request since ... the United States! (and not Bangladesh or the Philippines) !!! I say to myself naively that if there is a REAL "virtual community" around Up Work (which we all appreciate), it is important to stick together to avoid becoming slaves. That's it, it's said.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
c5608a93
Community Member

Important Precision: I specify that this job is request since ... the United States! (and not Bangladesh or the Philippines) !!! I say to myself naively that if there is a REAL "virtual community" around Up Work (which we all appreciate), it is important to stick together to avoid becoming slaves. That's it, it's said.

Salut Sylvie -

Lovely seeing French written here. Unfortunately my written French is no longer up to the task so I'll respond in English. 

Simply put, clients can indicate whatever price they wish even if it's ridiculous. No one is under any obligation to accept or respond to any job that they find lacking for any reason. You will find cheap clients here and you will find reasonable professionals as well. Like everyone, you will need separate the wheat from the chaff (i.e. sort through to find the good in a sea of bad). If you see something distasteful, just move on. 

Bonne chance!

kat303
Community Member

You have to remember that this site attracts both clients and freelancers ALL over the world. In some areas that payment may be quite a lot for the freelancer. There are also clients looking for the lowest rates possible or they may not care what quality they receive. There are freelancers even in the U.S. who are just so desperate for a job that they will take anything, even possibly working for free just to get that job posted on their profile.

The thing is, when you see a job like that, you just move on. There are clients on here that know quality, costs. You just have to find them and submit the best possible proposal.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths