🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Inquiry about an hourly contract
Page options
digitalmoments
Community Member

Inquiry about an hourly contract

Hello Dear Upworkers

I am a new freelancer working as a social media marketing manager so I am wondering If I get an hourly contract, how should I handle it using the desktop tracker?

As a social media manager I think that my work requires me to be avaiable anytime to answer customers questions and stuff like that which means that I will not shut off the time tracker all the day and that is weird to me.

So as a social media marketing manager how could I use the time tracker to caclulate my work?

Thank you in advance for your help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

The tracker does not capture segments which do not have activity (mouse click and keyboard) so you wouldn't get paid for time spent sitting around waiting for something to do, only for time spent actually working,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Ahmed,

Maybe other community members can advise you better than I can, given the scope of your work. However, generally speaking, you can start working with a client either through a Hourly or a Fixed-Price contract. As a freelancer, while negotiating with your clients, you will need to decide which type of contract will work best for the task at hand, whether you'd prefer for your client to pay you for the time spent doing the work, for a set number of hours, or by deliverables. Additionally, feel free to check this help article to learn more about the Desktop App and here to learn more about the types of contracts.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

The tracker does not capture segments which do not have activity (mouse click and keyboard) so you wouldn't get paid for time spent sitting around waiting for something to do, only for time spent actually working,

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members