🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Inquiry
Page options
prabeshparajuli
Community Member

Inquiry

Hi !
I translated eBook of 200 pages with word count of more than 1 lakh plus for $50. I continuosly worked for day and night to finish the translation in 1 week. After I submitted the work, the client is literally giving me an excuse and he just paid me $23. Now he asked for $27 refund and I have received a message of refund to him with two options. Either to approve to refund the amount or to give a dispute.
I am really feeling low as I gave my best for this work.
I am in a dilemma. What should I do?
Please let me know about the solution.
Thankyou !
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Prabesh P wrote:
I translated eBook of 200 pages with word count of more than 1 lakh plus for $50. I continuosly worked for day and night to finish the translation in 1 week. 

Am I right that "Lakh" is 100,000? That makes $ 0.0005 per word. 

It has to be said that apart from the insane price, there is simply no way to do a decent translation of 100,000 in 7 days properly, or do good work working "continuously day and night". It is simply physically impossible.

Plus, according to your profile, you are not even a translator. (Someone who speaks more than one language is no more a translator than someone who owns a scalpel is a surgeon!)

To be honest, any 100,000 word translation done in a week will be low-quality and drowning in mistakes. Of course, the price is a joke, but still. 

To be honest I would walk away from this, there is no point going to dispute over $ 27.

In future, don't take  jobs that are outside your area of expertise and don't accept contracts at such ridiculous rates (or such ridiculous deadlines). It trains clients to think that's OK.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Prabesh P wrote:
I translated eBook of 200 pages with word count of more than 1 lakh plus for $50. I continuosly worked for day and night to finish the translation in 1 week. 

Am I right that "Lakh" is 100,000? That makes $ 0.0005 per word. 

It has to be said that apart from the insane price, there is simply no way to do a decent translation of 100,000 in 7 days properly, or do good work working "continuously day and night". It is simply physically impossible.

Plus, according to your profile, you are not even a translator. (Someone who speaks more than one language is no more a translator than someone who owns a scalpel is a surgeon!)

To be honest, any 100,000 word translation done in a week will be low-quality and drowning in mistakes. Of course, the price is a joke, but still. 

To be honest I would walk away from this, there is no point going to dispute over $ 27.

In future, don't take  jobs that are outside your area of expertise and don't accept contracts at such ridiculous rates (or such ridiculous deadlines). It trains clients to think that's OK.

Thanks for the solution. It really helped me. Finally, solved !!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members