Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry

Highlighted
Michelle M Member Since: Apr 20, 2015
1 of 3

Hi.

I’m new to oDesk. I just want to know what other things I need to complete or accomplish. I already applied for a job post and has been interviewed and hired already. I will have an orientation with the Client tomorrow night. I tried searching for it but no success. If you may possibly review my profile so I would know what else I need to complete.

How can I contact your support for future reference?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 3

Michelle

Welcome to oDesk

When I look at your profile it doen't indicate to me that you've been hired for any jobs, Now it's possible that it's just the view oDesk is giving me of your profile - but I think it's more likely (and I think you maybe fear it yourself) that there is in fact no contract.

To be hired on oDesk there has to be a contract. the client sends you an offer, and you have to click a big green button saying "Accept Offer". if you haven't done that, there's no contract. Next, if you look on your profile page, click on "My Jobs" and you will see there your open contracts. If you have agreed on a contract, the job will be there. If there's nothing there, there's no job.

it's likely that as a newbie you've fallen prey to a common scam that gets new freelancers to accept a job off the platform. Chances are there would be horrendous work involved and little, or probably no, pay at the end of it. Plus you would run the risk of being banned from oDesk for acepting work off the site.

This "orientation" with the client tomorrow night - is it by any chance by Yahoo Messenger? If so, this is a major red flag for a scam.  The best thing you can doif you think it'ds a scam job is walk away. You won't get penalised for doing that, and you will find a legitimate job in due course.

Hopefully someone will come along soon and give you some links to good reading for staying safe on here. In the meantime, keep your rardar on and your wits about you

Good luck and best wishes...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 3

Stephen,

New jobs won't show on a profile till the first pay period. It takes about two weeks for it show up on a profile, but she should be able to see the contract under "My Jobs". If there is not a contract under this then she shouldn't start working.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS