🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Instability of Upwork's Basic Functionality
Page options
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Instability of Upwork's Basic Functionality

Yesterday a new client approved my working on his new project. However, he wasn't able to get his payment method (credit card) approved and sent me the following information today:

Upwork "still has my account flagged: 'Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.'

The bot support created a ticket for an agent to contact me, but there is a note on the support page indicating to expect 72 hour delays."

Is there anything more basic to Upwork's business model than allowing new clients to set up their payment method? I just don't understand why Upwork's systems are so unstable in regards to something clients have had to do from Day One. Unbelievable!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Will,
We understand that it's important for clients and freelancers to be able to start work quickly once they establish a contract. It is also important that we maintain trust and safety on the marketplace so we may occasionally ask our users to upload a government-issued ID to confirm their identity. We try to make the process quick. For most, the it takes a few minutes. In some cases, we may need more time to review the submitted information — 1 to 3 days — but rest assured we will work as fast as we can.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Will,
We understand that it's important for clients and freelancers to be able to start work quickly once they establish a contract. It is also important that we maintain trust and safety on the marketplace so we may occasionally ask our users to upload a government-issued ID to confirm their identity. We try to make the process quick. For most, the it takes a few minutes. In some cases, we may need more time to review the submitted information — 1 to 3 days — but rest assured we will work as fast as we can.

~ Valeria
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Thanks, Valeria.

I expect this client would be happy to provide whatever your system requires. He just doesn't appear to have been given a clear path to moving forward. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members