🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Instant Pay error
Page options
maddie007
Community Member

Instant Pay error

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to withdraw via Instant Pay and get an error message regarding technical issues. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

64 REPLIES 64
prestonhunter
Community Member

I have a regular Chase checking account, and Instant Pay didn't work for me either.

Hi Preston, 

I was unable to find any Instant Pay method on your account. Would you like for a ticket to be created so that we can look into why this did not work for you?

~ Avery
Upwork

re: "I was unable to find any Instant Pay method on your account."

That is correct. There is no Instant Pay method on my account. When I submitted my credit card number, it was rejected. Maybe the same thing that happened to me happened to the original poster. Or maybe it is something else. I posted a screenshot in the Instant Pay thread in the Announcements section. The error message I received is not unknown to the development team.

re: "Would you like for a ticket to be created so that we can look into why this did not work for you?"

No, don't worry about that.

But thank you for asking.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Madala, 

I have checked your account and can see that the the account you have added for instant pay was rejected. I have shared your account information with the team, and they will get in touch with you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
maddie007
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thank you for checking!

It does show Instant Pay listed as a payment method. I didn't get any error message about it being rejected when added. Is it because of the type of bank?

Thanks,
Madala

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Madala, 

The team is currently looking into it, and will have more explanation as to the issue with this payment method. If you don't hear back within 24-hours, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
cutterji
Community Member

Avery-Could you check my account.  It is a Chase account:

Instant Pay.jpg

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Cutter.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cutterji
Community Member

Thank you!
awshanor
Community Member

Doesn't work for me either.  I have a US account and routinely receive debit card payments from other sources, but it says my card doesn't work for this.  Is strange, because I have transaction notifications that clearly showed the test landing on my account.  Oh well.  Will just stick with the ACH deposit method.

Wendy N wrote:

Doesn't work for me either.  I have a US account and routinely receive debit card payments from other sources, but it says my card doesn't work for this.  Is strange, because I have transaction notifications that clearly showed the test landing on my account.  Oh well.  Will just stick with the ACH deposit method.

Same here. Two different debit cards on different accounts were rejected, including the one I have attached to my PayPal account for instant transfer to my bank.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wendy, and Tiffany, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you both. I have checked your account, and can see that you have both removed Instant Pay from your payment methods. Would you like for a ticket to be generated regarding your concern so that we can investigate this further, and assist you? 

~ Avery
Upwork
awshanor
Community Member

I didn't remove Instant Pay. I added it and it came back with a message saying it wasn't a valid account for this type transaction, which I know it is  It's too late for my latest payment, but yes, if you can please open a ticket, maybe I'll be able to use it next time.  Thanks!

Hi Wendy,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I've given up on this issue. I thought it was finally fixed, but when I tried to use it, the payment failed. I'll just stick with the ACH payments that have worked fine for years.

Yup yup! in the same boat here! I've been trying to get payments through but every time I try it says there is a technical error or something along those lines! 

Hi Maria,

I`m sorry about the delay and the inconvenience this had caused you. 
I have followed up with our team and one of our team members will reach out to you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
naturehouse
Community Member

I am having the same issue as everyone else below. I also opened a ticket for help and they told me to contact my bank. But my bank (Chase) said there shouldn't be a problem as I suspected since I don't have an issue with instant pay anywhere else outside of Upwork, venmo, paypal etc.

Hi Jennifer, 

The Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. I apologise for the trouble this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Nobody has reached out...

hi Jennifer,

I just checked your account and can confirm that our team is waiting on your respond back on your ticket with number 26779066. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I followed up but no response for a few days now.

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I have already followed up with the team that's handling your case and they'll get back to you directly on the same ticket. Thank you for your continued patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

They got back to me but just keep saying the same thing. You are offering a service that doesn't work clearly.

I tried with my wells fargo account and it does not work either.

Hi David,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to advise you regarding this concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Jennifer,

Same thing happened to me and I was asked to check with bank but everything seems fine on that end. Was wondering if you ever got any answers or solutions.
Thanks!

Hi Jorge,

Our team has also shared additional instructions on your ticket. Please follow the instructions and follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions so that our team can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same issue, already have an existing ticket. Disappointing, as I removed my previous payment preference, now have to wait an additional 3 days for that one to get verified again. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, Tyler. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case so that they can send you an update about your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We appreciate your reports and once again apologize for the frustration the error preventing you from using Instant Pay has caused you. Our team implemented a fix for the issue today so please feel free to initiate a withdrawal and do let us know if you're still experiencing any problems. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

This is still not working for me with a Visa Card that my bank said should work fine.

Hi Jennifer, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. Thank you for sharing this with us so that it can be investigated further.

~ Avery
Upwork
mcantoolmos
Community Member

I've been having the same issues with Instant Pay for weeks now, I called my bank and they said there is nothing wrong with their third party support, so I called upwork and they told they were having an issue with Mastercard cards, but its now the 3rd week and "Supposedly" it was resolved but nothing. At this point I think it is just an internal error that they have not been able to fix. 

amanbhardwaj25
Community Member

Hello, I recently got a contract and I was supposed to get paid on the 13th. I set up auto payment and instant payment a couple days after my contract was started. I set up a schedule and everything, I filled the tax information as well. I waited the 5 days of securiity hold as well. But when I clicked get paid I keep getting the same error over and over again "We are Sorry! we are experiencing techinical problem and cannot process your request now. Please try again in a minute." This is a very frustrating situation, I need this money to pay bills. I tried what support said to clear cache and cookies. I even tried a different computer. My phone app as well. 

To try to get things done I trying to see if my card information was correct and when I hit save changes the 3 day security hold was put on it yet again. I did not delete the method at all I simply checked to see if it was right. Now it says I have to wait 3 more days. I need my money very urgently. Has anyone had this issue and could tell me how to fix it?

Hi Aman, 

I can see that your ticket is still open, and the team is yet to respond to your most recent reply. I will go ahead and follow up with them so that they can assist you further with your concern. 

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I have not recieved any response on my ticket yet. Is there anything I can do to speed up this process?

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Aman.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much for your assistance I am looking forward to a response.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths