Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Payment error message

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
61 of 65

Hi Michael, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further.

ETA: Michael, I looked into this further with the Customer Support Team and it looks like you have recently just added your Instant Pay method on 27-November, UTC. All payment methods that you add to your Upwork account go through a three-day security period before you can use it to withdraw your earnings. As such, this payment method should have been cleared of the security period on 30-November (provided it doesn't go through any issues). 

Could you please try adding the payment method again, and let me know if the issue persists once you try withdrawing your earnings? 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Michael C Member Since: Nov 26, 2019
62 of 65

Ah ok sure! I will try again next week since I already withdrew my earnings this week the regular way using ACH. Thank you for your assistance, I will report back here when I try again next week and let you know how it goes.

Highlighted
63 of 65

Ok I tried adding it again today and I got the same error! It said it was "ineligible" for instant pay, even though it is just a regular checking account with a regular debit card. I don't care that much since I can always transfer the money using the regular way, but it would be nice to have this feature Smiley Happy

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
64 of 65

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to use this payment option. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your payment method. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
65 of 65

Looks like either someone on your end, or the banks end, fixed it because it let me add my card now! But this time it also said this: "Your debit card can be used for withdrawals but is not able to receive instant payments. Your funds may take up to 3 days to arrive. Please contact your card issuer for more info. Please select the check box below to continue."

So I guess that means it won't be instant, but rather 2-3 business days just like a regular ACH transfer? If so that means its pointless, but I have other debit cards that I added that didn't say that, so I guess I can still use it on my other accounts Smiley Happy It would be great though if you could get Chase bank to fix it or allow it! Thank you for your assistance.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS