cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Pay error

Wendy N Member Since: Jun 26, 2012
11 of 65

Doesn't work for me either.  I have a US account and routinely receive debit card payments from other sources, but it says my card doesn't work for this.  Is strange, because I have transaction notifications that clearly showed the test landing on my account.  Oh well.  Will just stick with the ACH deposit method.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
12 of 65

Wendy N wrote:

Doesn't work for me either.  I have a US account and routinely receive debit card payments from other sources, but it says my card doesn't work for this.  Is strange, because I have transaction notifications that clearly showed the test landing on my account.  Oh well.  Will just stick with the ACH deposit method.

Same here. Two different debit cards on different accounts were rejected, including the one I have attached to my PayPal account for instant transfer to my bank.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 65

Hi Wendy, and Tiffany, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you both. I have checked your account, and can see that you have both removed Instant Pay from your payment methods. Would you like for a ticket to be generated regarding your concern so that we can investigate this further, and assist you? 

-Avery
Untitled
14 of 65

I didn't remove Instant Pay. I added it and it came back with a message saying it wasn't a valid account for this type transaction, which I know it is  It's too late for my latest payment, but yes, if you can please open a ticket, maybe I'll be able to use it next time.  Thanks!

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
15 of 65

Hi Wendy,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
16 of 65
I've given up on this issue. I thought it was finally fixed, but when I tried to use it, the payment failed. I'll just stick with the ACH payments that have worked fine for years.
Maria Del Mar C Member Since: Nov 12, 2019
17 of 65

Yup yup! in the same boat here! I've been trying to get payments through but every time I try it says there is a technical error or something along those lines! 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
18 of 65

Hi Maria,

I`m sorry about the delay and the inconvenience this had caused you. 
I have followed up with our team and one of our team members will reach out to you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Jennifer P Member Since: Jun 9, 2017
19 of 65

I am having the same issue as everyone else below. I also opened a ticket for help and they told me to contact my bank. But my bank (Chase) said there shouldn't be a problem as I suspected since I don't have an issue with instant pay anywhere else outside of Upwork, venmo, paypal etc.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
20 of 65

Hi Jennifer, 

The Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. I apologise for the trouble this has caused you. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS