Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Job?

bgreek65
Ace Contributor
Chris K Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
1 of 39

There is someone from the UK constantly posting for someone to read his 10 minute audiobook, and asking how much it will be, opening accounts like crazy, and posting like every 5 minutes for this job.  This has been going on for about a week now.  He asks for fixed price in some posts, hourly in others.

Then a couple of days ago, the same person starts posting for 30 minutes of audio, doing the same opening accounts like crazy stuff, and this time, Upwork marks the job as an "interesting job".  Really?  If they can classify this as an "interesting job", why can't Upwork track all of this down, and take care of this annoying poster??  The posts are all over the place.  PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!

m_phillipson
Mark P Member Since: Aug 25, 2016
2 of 39

Have you tried clicking flag as inappropriate?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 39

There seem to be so many of them, both US and UK, and with very similar wording, that I think the only way to report them is to flag them as spam in the "Flag as inappropriate" drop-down menu. It would take hours to report each one individually. I hope a mod will intervene and take a look.

bgreek65
Ace Contributor
Chris K Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
4 of 39

Done.  But they creep up every few hours, and what is particularly alarming is that UPwork flagged this as an 'interesting job".  Upwork can track what we ate for breakfast, what time we go to sleep, and how often we use the bathroom daily with some algorithm, but they cannot monitor their own system for this stuff?  Oh wait, redundant question.  

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 39

This reminds me of the guy on Elance (curse jar) that would post 20-30 jobs to write college tips articles. When I was new and didn't realize he was doing it, I applied. He told me to lower my bid to $1/article and that the advantage was that I could write as much as I wanted.

Yeah, no.

colettelewis
Community Guru
6 of 39

@Jennifer M wrote:

This reminds me of the guy on Elance (curse jar) that would post 20-30 jobs to write college tips articles. When I was new and didn't realize he was doing it, I applied. He told me to lower my bid to $1/article and that the advantage was that I could write as much as I wanted.

Yeah, no.

That guy on Elance (curse jar) never gave up, and he popped up in Kenya, UK, US - you name it . . .

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 39

@Nichola L wrote:

That guy on Elance (curse jar) never gave up, and he popped up in Kenya, UK, US - you name it . . .

I never understood what his angle was. He never paid anyone but nobody ever complained either. I remember looking at his history and he had 100s of jobs open and very little paid out. To me it would seem that if he was getting free work it would have been obvious but he did it for a long time.

colettelewis
Community Guru
8 of 39

I always flagged him/her (in a very good flagging system), and so did others. He/she/they was a permanent thorn in the (swearbox) side, and was constantly complained about in the forum.  He/she/they were also constantly removed, only to pop up a few weeks (sometimes days) later. 

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
9 of 39

Hi Chris, 

Could you PM me the job post, I'll have our team take action if necessary.

-Lena

Untitled
colettelewis
Community Guru
10 of 39

Lena, there are a lot of them. You need to check the page - perhaps pages.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS