Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Job?

bgreek65
Ace Contributor
Chris K Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
11 of 39

I can PM you 20+ job posts I just flagged.  This person put them in every category imaginable under "Voice Talent".  Cannot miss it.

bgreek65
Ace Contributor
12 of 39

Lena

I PM'd you the link to one of the jobs, the one marked "interesting job" by Upwork.

bgreek65
Ace Contributor
13 of 39

Any only at Upwork Comedy moment with this.  His posting for 30 minutes has been removed from the "interesting job" category with Upwork, only to have the "interesting job" tag now put onto his endless 10 minutes audiobook postings in 30 categories.  Really UPwork?  This is putting your best foot forward??

Community Leader
Richard H Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
14 of 39

I haven't seen the post but if this guy is simply asking for different voices as narration for his ebook and willing to pay someone,  that sounds like a legitimate job......... however his constant job listings for the same job is a violation of TOS I'm pretty sure. 

ablefreelancer
Community Guru
Dietmar Thomas B Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
15 of 39

I scambled through the listings for translation jobs today. Right at the very top a post was highlighted in blue as being an "Interesting Job".

Now, I am new to this feature or better, this feature is new to me. I always thought that a job should be interesting in positive ways BUT I was taught different!

The respective post has 20 to 50 Applicants for "a German translator" (not many!)

It was created SEVEN days ago and has up to today ZERO interviews held with the contestants!

NOW, how interesting is that? Looks fishy to me, for sure.

What is this supposed to tell me about the quality of the site AFTER raising their cut to 20% + VAT?

mandylula
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
16 of 39

I agree Dietmar.  The "Interesting Job" feature is really not working.  As you say they are several days old, and in my case most are totally irrelevant as I do not fit the skills required.

kfarnell
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
17 of 39

I saw one post for 'academic writers', i.e. for a group writing term papers, flagged as an 'interesting job'.

After glancing through a few others marked as 'interesting', I honestly thought an Upwork staff member had just discovered sarcasm.

ablefreelancer
Community Guru
Dietmar Thomas B Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
18 of 39

Kim .... 

Lol, I guess that was sarcasm

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
19 of 39

Hi Kim,

Could you please send me the link to that job post in a pm, so I could confirm and address it?

Untitled
kfarnell
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
20 of 39

Done.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS