Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Job?

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
31 of 39

Wait ... what? There's an "interesting job" section? Does it involve a secret decoder ring ... is that like the top rated forum I never knew existed?  Quick comment - "interesting" would be totally subjective ... just sayin'. 

Now ... where did I put those psychedelic glasses I wore to Woodstock?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
32 of 39

Hi Virginia, 

You may know more about "Interesting Jobs" here. If you have some feedback on this feature, you can let us know by posting on that thread. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
33 of 39

Since I've never seen this feature, I can't comment on it. Judging by the emails I'm receiving via the "job digest" postings for top rated, I'm not hopeful.

anlaszpen
Anna L Member Since: Sep 4, 2016
34 of 39

mtngigi
Community Guru
shamin07031
Ace Contributor
Shamin R Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
36 of 39

I think you should ignore it, it's really the too much old job and also unverified payment. 

mtngigi
Community Guru
37 of 39

Please note that "unverified payment" means nothing other than the client has not set up a payment method yet. There is nothing wrong with that. It only goes sideways if you start work before payment verification is set up.

ablefreelancer
Community Guru
Dietmar Thomas B Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
38 of 39

Dear Tam L

Seeing that you are so engrossed with the "interesting job" feature, which could be a good thing, how about setting criteria already mentioned (money spent, average amount/job)? Added to that, date, client response time and feedback (JSS?) could be some other criteria to evaluate whether a job is really "interesting".

Certainly, a job that is situated at 1 or 2 cent/word cannot be interesting at all (when it comes to my area of translation). 

On the other hand, clients that are willing to spend a fair amount, which will upkeep my feeding and living habits, are surely to be classified as interesting.

Just my 5 pennies worth

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
39 of 39

Tam,

Kudos on the insight that job postings are their own "entity," with their own potential screening parameters, distinguishable from (if perhaps overlapping with) those for clients.

The debate over revenue volume via job volume vs. profitable revenue via job and contractor quality has raged for a while in the forum. Upwork seems to have come down firmly on the latter position. That suggests a core business-strategy case for any reasonable development cost focused on improving marketplace quality, let alone the mandate to make client and contractor matchups more effective and efficient.

Thanks and best,
Michael

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS