🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Interview and hiring process
Page options
kateshoshia
Community Member

Interview and hiring process

Hello, 

I am new on upwork, so I had situation, client asked me for skype iterview,I couldn't at this moment and she said she will send  test to see if I can do the job, so the test was to download their app and make whole travel story with photoes (there was writte minimum 50 picture, but she said okay as many as you have in the phone) and upload on the travel journal app, that seemed waird, and I said I dont feel like a this is right, to upload everything on the public app (as a test) 

please tell me 

Am I right? or I missed the oppirtunity? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

Ketevan S wrote:

Hello, 

I am new on upwork, so I had situation, client asked me for skype iterview,I couldn't at this moment and she said she will send  test to see if I can do the job, so the test was to download their app and make whole travel story with photoes (there was writte minimum 50 picture, but she said okay as many as you have in the phone) and upload on the travel journal app, that seemed waird, and I said I dont feel like a this is right, to upload everything on the public app (as a test) 

please tell me 

You missed the opportunity to be scammed into working for free. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ketevan S wrote:

Hello, 

please tell me 

You should not work for free, and a client can get suspended for asking for free work. If you actually told the client that this does not feel right, there are better ways of going about it. "I am very interested in working with you! Let me know when you are ready to send an offer!" 

Thank you very much 

hoyle_editing
Community Member

Yes, i think you are right to question this, especially if it is not a "paid" test.

Personally i tend to steer clear if there is mention of unpaid tests or the like. Occasionally i will make an exception if it is a job that i particularly want or the client has lots of history on the site. BUT all test pieces (my field is video editing) i overlay a "specimen test edit" over the whole video - if i get the job i can easily remove it and provide the client with a full version, if not its unlikely to be much benefit to the client.

thanks, I didn't expect it as a test, because was needed to write a whole trip story with pictures+ uploaded on the public app, that's why it was weird for me

tlbp
Community Member

Ketevan S wrote:

Hello, 

please tell me 

You missed the opportunity to be scammed into working for free. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths