🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Interview
Page options
ogorbach7
Community Member

Interview

I received an invitation to an interview. During which we discussed with the client that I would do the job, take the course, leave my feedback on the course on another platform, and then he would hire me. I did everything, told the client and he said that he will sign the contract and pay in. At the moment, a couple of days have passed and nothing.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I would be inclined to contact the website where you left the review, and tell them what happened. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "During which we discussed with the client that I would do the job, take the course, leave my feedback on the course on another platform, and then he would hire me."

So... You are telling us that you did the work without being hired on Upwork.

This means that you did the work for free.

You are not supposed to do that.

In the future, do not work for free.

It doesn't help you, and it doesn't help the platform.

This matter is now over.

I advise you to NOT waste your time sending any messages to this client or thinking about this project any more. If the job posting is still online, you may use the "Flag as inappropriate" link button (in top right hand corner or possibly under the Three Dots icon) to report the client for asking for free work.

Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

Oleksandr G wrote:

During which we discussed with the client that I would do the job, take the course, leave my feedback on the course on another platform, and then he would hire me. I did everything,

First of all it is against the terms of service to do contracts which involve leaving fake feedback / feedback for pay.

Secondly, it is against the terms of service for the client to ask you to work for free.

Thirdly, what would motivate the client to pay you when you have already done the work for free? It simply motivates clients to try this with other freelancers...

I would be inclined to contact the website where you left the review, and tell them what happened. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths