🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Interviewing and hiring procedures
Page options
sblorimor
Community Member

Interviewing and hiring procedures

Does it happen often that clients will opt to do interviews outside of Upwork, then do the hiring outside of it as well? How do we know what are scams?

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Susan,

I checked the job you are referring to and it has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork ToS and action has been taken on the client account. 

I'd like to confirm that it's okay for you to communicate with your client outside of Upwork. You may want to still record main terms and updates in the message room on Upwork. Remember that all payments should be handled on Upwork between you and your Upwork clients.

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content.

Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bergantinosigna
Community Member

Not really. Anything you do outside Upwork, you are risking yourself of not being paid. If you're working on the page, you'll have some "protection" for your work.

My recommendation is to always contact your clients by Upwork, and the same for being hired.

I invite you to do the "Readiness test" , it definetely will help you.

Thanks. I contacted the president of the company for which the Upwork job poster was saying he worked. This posting was a scam and it has been removed.
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Susan L wrote:

Does it happen often that clients will opt to do interviews outside of Upwork, then do the hiring outside of it as well? How do we know what are scams?

That.

prestonhunter
Community Member

"...then do the hiring outside of it as well?"

Clients are not allowed to do that.

Freelancers are not allowed to accept that.

Not a joke:

Freelancers can get their accounts suspended just for DISCUSSING getting hired or paid outside of Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members