Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interviewing

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
1 of 3

Lately I have never seen so many jobs with 1 person being interviewed and not one being hired. These jobs are more then 2 weeks old, many 1 month old, and 1 or 2, two months old. Is this normal or does anyone else see this increasing as time goes by. Are all these jobs being taken off site? And could these jobs be involved in the increasing posts of scam jobs with the contractor being sent a check?

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 3

And I've been seeing a large number of jobs with fewer than five proposals, if any.  Clearly as a paralegal, I'm swimming in a small pond, but this strikes me as very odd and not what I've seen before.  

And yeah, I suspect these jobs are either testing the waters for future scams or the clients are offering the position on various platforms and hiring elsewhere for some reason.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
3 of 3

If someone invites me to a job, I may respond to discuss the offer with them rather than just decline. In such a case, it shows me as an "interview." Often the offer will never go past this stage because the interviewer isn't going to pay my requested rate. Eventually, I will withdraw or archive the job. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS