Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interviews

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
1 of 13

Hola!

Has anyone noticed an increase of interview invitations? The past 2 days, I've checked my email and had over 5 interviews both days. The best part is - the jobs were actually suitable for me except the odd one!

Has there been some changes I'm unaware of (or too ignorant to have seen)?

Cheers!

Lyam

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 13

Only ones I have noticed have posted in the forum. I have not had any invites in almost two weeks now. I was getting regular invites now it is dry 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jeri B Member Since: Feb 15, 2010
3 of 13

It goes in spurts ... 5 in a day then 0 for a week. And they rarely have anything to do with my field Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 13

Welcome back Lyam...

There have been a couple of threads in the last week about this - they come like proverbial city buses, all at once and then nothing for ages. oDesk seems to rotate the list of suitable contractors for interviews, which would explain this.

Where you differ from many is that your interviews have got something to do with the job you do, so luckily you have a chance of getting a job out of them. Many of us just get swamped with irrelevant misclassified rubbish...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
5 of 13

For me still no changes. I had only 20 invites total in last three months. I now get rarely any and then it's totally irrelevant so I have to decline. Like this morning's data entry with one sentence description, and a message:

'how can do work on o DEsk i am a new user Plz Guide me'

C'mon!

Gyan D Member Since: Sep 4, 2014
6 of 13

Similar thing happened to me. Got invited to this job -

"to make a creative designs".

Decide to take the interview to see what it was.

First message by client:

"im intrested in this job..
please send me details how to i work with u..."

Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
7 of 13

And funny thing -declining that 'offer'  will  be taken as marketing ineffectiveness because that is an interview that didn't result in 'hiring.'

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
8 of 13

so true Natasa M!

I get tons of invites and interviews for what usually turns up as super low paying job or scam and of course I won't take any of their 'offers'. As a result, my marketing effectiveness score is on the low end when it comes to getting hired although my interview and being viewed rate shows nearly full blue bar.

Someone didn't think through if these features and other new stuff they are implementing would make sense but I guess everyone of us already knows that!

All I see is we are being sabotaged by the improvements which are supposed to make our lives and the marketplace look better. 

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Aiman J Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
9 of 13

Is there any way of deleting an interview? A client started sending me disturbing images. I want to delete the interview, because my brother might be checking out my account to figure out my payment, and I would rather he didn't see this. 

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
10 of 13

Why would your brother have your password?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS