🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different th...
Page options
canavarvasfi
Community Member

Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country.

Hi. I have an error in my payment method. "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country."

https://www.xe.com/ibancalculator/sample/?ibancountry=turkey This is Turkey's IBAN format. I do the same thing but still getting error. How can I fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I found the problem. It's about the swift code. My bank's swift code seems TGBATRISXXX. When I delete the last 3 character(xxx) it works. Try this.

View solution in original post

91 REPLIES 91
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Berk,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm having this same issue. Error goes upon entering IBAN number followed by account number like in cheque books.

Not sure if this is how it is supposed to be done?

Hi Ayesha, 

It looks like you were already able to add your bank account in your Upwork account. Were you looking at adding another bank account?

~ Avery
Upwork
bgzpervez
Community Member

Hello Avery O,

I am having the same issue while entering my IBAN. I get notification that "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country".

However, i have checked the same from my bank IBAN Converter and Validator. Can you please guide me how to add that?

Thanks in anticipation

Hi Zeshan,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
5d9ded23
Community Member

Hello,

I've got the same problem, my IBAN number is invalid. Can someone help me? 🙂

Greetings,

Kinga

Hi Kinga,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with adding IBAN number. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

I am having the same issue while entering my IBAN. I get a notification that "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country".

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fiaz,

Please contact your local bank and verify the IBAN number of your bank account.

Also, try deleting spaces in the IBAN number and entering it that way.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. I had also remove spaces between numbers the error still exists. Please help me for resolving this issue.

Hi Fiaz,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Invalid IBAN Number. It differs from the IBAN account number and may vary by country. i'm getting an error, can you help me

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ridvan,

Could you please try deleting spaces in the IBAN number and entering it that way? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
a3647562
Community Member

Hello currently I am having the same issue where I am unable to enter my IBAN number. I keep receiving the message "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country." although my IBAN number is correct in Turkey. 

Hello Ece,

Thank you for your message. 

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Also, please ensure you are not entering the IBAN number with space in between. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
9c5392ae
Community Member

I am having the same issue while entering my IBAN. I get a notification that "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country

Hi Maryam,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I wrote my IBAN but it says Invalid IBAN number. I tried lots of combinations but cannot succeed. 

Hi Selin,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b7b05458
Community Member

Hi. I have same problem with my IBAN. It says Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country. Can you help me?

Hi Seifulla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
16d07a6b
Community Member

Hello, im having the same issue. My bank account is already verified and im using the same account for years never had this problem before. 

Hi llayda,

I'll have one of the Support Team members review your case and assist you further via a support ticket. Feel free to access your ticket and communicate with the team on this page if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am having the same issue while entering my IBAN. I get notification that "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country".

Hi Sarper,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

I've got the same problem, my IBAN number is invalid. Can someone help me? 

Greetings,

Masoom

Hi Masoom,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Please contact your local bank and verify the IBAN number of your bank account. They should be able to help you out with that.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hello i am getting the same error can you help me Smiley Embarassed

Hi Bilal,

Could you try the troubleshooting steps Pradeep shared in his previous post:

• Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Also, please ensure you are not entering the IBAN number with space in between.

If you're still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. I cant add my IBAN number. I got same problem like talked everyone. May you help me?

Hi Serkan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello currently I am having the same issue where I am unable to enter my IBAN number. I keep receiving the message "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country." although my IBAN number is correct in Turkey. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eren Can,

Could you please try deleting spaces in the IBAN number and entering it that way? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b7a28324
Community Member

Hi!

I have the same problem. Could you help?

Hi Oguz,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, 

I have a same issue about my IBAN number and it says "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country", can you help me

Hello there Aleksandar, Im having the same issue when i type my iban it says "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country." could u help me solve this issue

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. With regards to your IBAN, if the error is invalid, we suggest contacting the bank directly to confirm the IBAN number that you have as well as the format to ensure that the details you enter are correct. If the Swift code or the IBAN of your bank account is not accepted by the system, it means that your bank is not part of our payment partners for your country.

However, most of the time, the reason why the IBAN is not accepted is that it was entered in the wrong format.  Please try to enter and re-enter your IBAN all in capital letters without any spaces in between and see if that helps.

Once you have the correct bank information, you can proceed to add your payment method. You may also try to add different payment methods available to your account. 

~ AJ
Upwork

I am having the same issue while entering my IBAN. I get a notification that "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths