🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different th...
Page options
canavarvasfi
Community Member

Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country.

Hi. I have an error in my payment method. "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country."

https://www.xe.com/ibancalculator/sample/?ibancountry=turkey This is Turkey's IBAN format. I do the same thing but still getting error. How can I fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I found the problem. It's about the swift code. My bank's swift code seems TGBATRISXXX. When I delete the last 3 character(xxx) it works. Try this.

View solution in original post

91 REPLIES 91

Hi Mehmet Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To give you an idea of the right  IBAN  format used by local banks in your country, you can visit this website.

You can confirm with your bank documents or with your local bank if the IBAN that you have has the right format and if it's accurate. Kindly do the same with the other bank account information.  Once done, please proceed in adding the payment method to your Upwork account.  

For more information on managing how you get paid, please visit this link.

~ AJ
Upwork
b317a871
Community Member

I'm having the same issue, whenever i put in my IBAN number it says it's invalid although it is in the correct format according to Pakistan banks

Hi Adeena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try adding your IBAN number once again manually?

Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b317a871
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Adeena,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
1126c881
Community Member

Hey, i am currently facing the same issure "IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country". may i get some assisstance 

Hi Mohammed,

I checked your account and confirmed that you've successfully added your preferred payment method. Kindly expect this new payment method to be active in three days for security reasons. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
kbicer
Community Member

I have the same problem. I have a Turkish Iban and it says that its unvalid.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kubra,

Could you please try adding your IBAN number once again manually? You can click on the hyperlink at the bottom of the window so that you can start the manual process. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I think I found the problem. It's about the swift code. My bank's swift code seems TGBATRISXXX. When I delete the last 3 character(xxx) it works. Try this.

much love brother it really works.

Nope! It doesn't work, buddy. You need to delete the space between the numbers. Don't make people go in the wrong direction.

maryamadnan-
Community Member

Hello there!

As I enter my IBAN number an error saying 'INVALID IBAN NUMBER' shows up, I believe the number and format are both correct. How may I solve this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Maryam,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c9384684
Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same problem. My IBAN number seems to be invalid even though I enter the IBAN number with the correct format. Can you please help me?

Hi Gunes,

It looks like you were able to add a payment method today! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
9445fc17
Community Member

Hello ,

I am having the issue while entering my IBAN. I get notification that "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country".

However, i have checked the same from my bank IBAN Converter and Validator. Can you please guide me how to add that?

Thanks in anticipation

What's your bank name ?

National bank of Pakistan

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the sort codes. Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct sort code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f97bd89b
Community Member

Hello,

I've got the same problem, my IBAN number is invalid. Can someone help me? 

Greetings,

Hi Ebru,

Please follow the instructions Nikola shared in his post below:

• Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the sort codes. Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct sort code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists.
~ Goran
Upwork
62ef6646
Community Member

Hi there!

My personal bank account Iban is counted as invalid many times even though the swift code and the iban of the bank matches. I've used another account of my friend and withdrawn my money but now it was returned due to a problem called "unable to apply" I dont know why I can not use my IBAN number. I've used two different banks but it is no use. 

Hi Ahmet,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the sort codes. Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct sort code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
5ff7a438
Community Member

When I enter my IBAN numbers , ıt doesnt accepeted. My bank is "*Edited for Community Guidelines**, swift code is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Yunus,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the sort codes? Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct sort code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab.

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Nikola
Upwork
alokazay
Community Member

Hello. I have an error in my payment method. "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country." my SWIFT Code is RZ......X my IBAN is UA3...........................3

Hi Serhii,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
08c4a1b6
Community Member

Hello. I'm having the same issue. 

Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country.

Turkey's IBAN format is known worldwide. Ex; TR33 0006 1005 1978 6457 8413 26. Even you try to enter with or without TR, with or without spaces, Upwork doesn't accept the format as too many freelancers mentioned earlier. Please find a solution and reply back.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gulsen,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
27a49f1c
Community Member

Hi. I tried to connect my payment method  by local bank with its IBAN code but I couldn't connect it. I need help!!!

Hi Kadir,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the sort bank codes? Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct sort code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab.

Please let us know if the issue persists so we can further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Why am I not getting clients?😒

5ab013b8
Community Member

Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different from account number and may vary by country.

Hi. I have an error in my payment method. “Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different from account number and may vary by country.”

In the Netherlands, the IBAN reference number consists of the current bank account number preceded by the country code NL, a 2-digit control number and the (abbreviated) name of the bank. For example: NL89-BANK-0123-4567-89. I tried with space and without space between ciphers, but still getting error.

Can you please guide me how to add my IBAN number?

Thanks in anticipation.

Celeste Reyes

Hi Celeste,

I'll have one of our team members reach out and assist you via a support ticket. Please allow our team time to review your concern and you should be getting an update here or in your email once the ticket has been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
aa8fb9c4
Community Member

same error doesn't know what to do. Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Moin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
72c4648b
Community Member

Same problem. Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country. It is the correct number and I have tried everything

Also i cannot downgrade my payment. Please help I want the money and I do not want to pay for Upwork forever. 

Hi Jakob,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
aabe46fc
Community Member

I have the same problem saying I have an invalid IBAN number though I am sure it is correct.
Please, I need the Upwork team to help me as soon as possible.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths