🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Invalid IBAN number (Ukr, Bank Aval)
Page options
vsaik
Community Member

Invalid IBAN number (Ukr, Bank Aval)

Hello, I'm facing problem with adding new payment method (Wire Transfer to Ukrainian bank - Raifeissen Bank Aval) - after filling SWIFT CODE field (with AVALUAUK value), I'm trying to fill IBAN field, but it always shows that it's incorrect, but I doublechecked IBAN I'm using with bank, and I'm sure it's correct. It's in format UA77380805000000002600XXXXXXX 
Any ideas how to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Valentyn,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
vsaik
Community Member

Just checked with another browser (Firefox) - issue persists. Clearing cookies/cache doesn't fix it as well

vsaik
Community Member

Ok, I found where's problem coming from - right now I'm living in Poland, and on upwork I specified my current location as "Poland", but I want to get paid to ukrainian bank account (which is my home country, and I willing to pay taxes there) and for IBAN field validation regexp looks like: 

<input data-regexp="/^PL\d{26}$/" type="text" name="accountNumber" id="accountNumber" value="" data-name="IBAN Number"...>

So, that's why it doesn't allow me to add "UA...." IBAN, so, how should I solve it - change country on upwork to Ukraine, then add payment method, then switch back to Poland, or is there any better options? Because AFAIK I can't change countries on upwork so frequently  

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Valentyn,

You should be able to add your bank account. I already sent you a PM with more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members