🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Invalid opening status
Page options
ncourchamp
Community Member

Can't reply to invite

Hello,

I received a proposition to apply for a job and when i accepted and tried to submit my proposal it didn't work and I got the message :

"Invalid opening status"

I searched online, including on the forum session of Upwork, but I can't find an answer to what this message could mean. Any idea ? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Swathi,

In general, this happens when the job post associated with the invitation is no longer available or was closed by the Upwork team. You can confirm this by going to Find Work > Proposals and checking that this particular invite is not under the "Invitations to interview" section. You may still see the notification from when you were invited but since then the client has either hired another freelancer or decided they would not be hiring and closed the job post.

Hope this helps,

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

143 REPLIES 143
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nicolas,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via another browser to accept your invitation? If you`re still experiencing any problems on your end, please share screenshots from your end with me via PM (click on my name). Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I am getting this same error. First tried on Chrome and tried resetting my cache and cookies. Then tried on another browser (FireFox). Then tried on my phone (android). Getting the same error "Invalid opening status" every time. This is for an invite only invitation. Is there a solution for this?

Hi Robert,

I've escalated your concern with opening an invite to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
8d5a7910
Community Member

Hi!

I have the sam problem. when I try to submit the proposal it is "invalid opening status".

Could you help me with this problem?

Anna

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Anna,

I checked and it looks like the job post you're trying to submit a proposal to has been closed. 

Thanks! 

~Andrea
Upwork
8f24f3a7
Community Member

Hello

I am having the same problem, I can't accept the invitation.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sara,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and it looks like the job post you received this invitation for has already been closed. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d9c392a9
Community Member

I got the same problem and tried doing it by all means but nothing seems to work and i can't accept the job proposal.

Hi Rmd,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

I'm having the same issue regarding invitations to interview. 2 I recieved today, on submitting a proposal, have given me this error code (invalid opening status) . I've tried clearing cache/cookies, changing devices and browsers, logging out and nothing! But it seems other proposals have been recieved. Please assist

Hi Jayde,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and it looks like the job post you received this invitation for has already been closed. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I'm facing the same issue. Unable to accept invitation for interview. Getting the error "Invalid opening status" when I click on the link in the email. Despite refreshing and clearing cache, the issue persists.

Hi Mansoor,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I’m having issues with submitting a proposal too. It is for an invite only job and so the only way I’m able to submit a proposal is by clicking the link in the notification email I received. When I complete the proposal, it just says ‘invalid opening status’.
Help please?

Hi Cherith,

I checked and would like to clarify that the job post for the invitation you're referring to is no longer available. If you go to Find Work > Proposals you'll see that there are no invites under the "Invitations to interview" section.

You may still see the notification from when you were invited but since then the client has either hired another freelancer or decided they would not be hiring and closed the job post.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am getting the same error please help me 

Hi Jugal,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm having the same problem. I cleared cache and cookies but still can't accept or decline interview.

Hi James,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi I have the same issue 

Hi Leonardos,

I checked and it looks like you have successfully submitted a proposal on the job invite you received, while for the other invite, it looks like it has been closed already. You may check the closed jobs in your archived section

~ Joanne
Upwork
6583b10f
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

Thanks for your reply 🙂

If it is so, why the chat conversion with that customer is not coming up in the messages as always have been that way.  Also is not categorized in the invitations for interview. 

Observed Invalid Opening Status while trying to submit a proposal.

viswa1315_0-1637241275904.png

Kindly help

Hi Swathi,

In general, this happens when the job post associated with the invitation is no longer available or was closed by the Upwork team. You can confirm this by going to Find Work > Proposals and checking that this particular invite is not under the "Invitations to interview" section. You may still see the notification from when you were invited but since then the client has either hired another freelancer or decided they would not be hiring and closed the job post.

Hope this helps,

~Andrea
Upwork
skuperst
Community Member

Hi,

I try to submit an offer replying to an invitation (not the first time), but I get "Invalid opening status" message.

I cleaned the cache etc. and tried another browsers, but it didn't help.

Thank you,

S. 

Hi Stanislav,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
431120db
Community Member

Hi. I got the same problem too. It says "Invalid opening status" when I hit the Submit. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jazelle, 

When you get this notification, it means that the job has already been closed or canceled. I apologize for the confusion this may have caused you.

~ Avery
Upwork
skuperst
Community Member

Thank you!

431120db
Community Member

Hi.

I'm still getting the same error message.

Jazelle Louise

[image: image.png]
skuperst
Community Member

Thanks!!

9dfa0d74
Community Member

I have responded to invitations before but on my most recent invite I have no option to respond on my computer (I have also tried different browsers - safari and chrome). On the app on my phone, when I click "Refer a freelancer" it finally gives me an option to decline, but then says there's an error and to try again later - which I have done MANY times.

I would like to keep the option open with this client in the future so I would like to respond and I also do not want a no response to negatively affect my profile.

How do I fix this?

Hi Stephanie,

I checked and can see that the job post for the invitation you're referring to is no longer available. If you go to Find Work > Proposals you'll see that there are no invites under the "Invitations to interview" section. You may still see the notification from when you were invited but since then the client has either hired another freelancer or decided they would not be hiring and closed the job post.

~Andrea
Upwork
2bd95772
Community Member

hello. i have Invalid opening status. what is this? 

Hi Elizaveta,

I checked the invite I believe you're referring to and it looks like the job post for it is no longer available. If you go to Find Work > Proposals you'll see that this particular invite is not under the "Invitations to interview" section. You may still see the notification from when you were invited but since then the client has either hired another freelancer or decided they would not be hiring and closed the job post.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I have the same issue. But I clicked on View Job Posting and I see there that the job is still open and client is interviewing other freelancers.

First I had no option of accepting the invitation then I opened my email and click on Submit Proposal from there. After writing proposal when I click submit icon it says "Invalid opening status".

What could be the reason for this error?

Thank you

Hi Asif,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I got an invitation from client last night but I don't have any option to apply.

Did anyone of you faced the same issue like I'm facing?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Faisal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your proposal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths