Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid opening status

ncourchamp
Nicolas C Member Since: Sep 13, 2019
1 of 20

Hello,

I received a proposition to apply for a job and when i accepted and tried to submit my proposal it didn't work and I got the message :

"Invalid opening status"

I searched online, including on the forum session of Upwork, but I can't find an answer to what this message could mean. Any idea ? 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 20

Hi Nicolas,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via another browser to accept your invitation? If you`re still experiencing any problems on your end, please share screenshots from your end with me via PM (click on my name). Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork
roeck
Robert R Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
3 of 20

Hello, I am getting this same error. First tried on Chrome and tried resetting my cache and cookies. Then tried on another browser (FireFox). Then tried on my phone (android). Getting the same error "Invalid opening status" every time. This is for an invite only invitation. Is there a solution for this?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 20

Hi Robert,

I've escalated your concern with opening an invite to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
8d5a7910
Anna Y Member Since: Feb 1, 2021
5 of 20

Hi!

I have the sam problem. when I try to submit the proposal it is "invalid opening status".

Could you help me with this problem?

Anna

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
6 of 20

Hi Anna,

I checked and it looks like the job post you're trying to submit a proposal to has been closed. 

Thanks! 

~Andrea
Upwork
roeck
Robert R Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
7 of 20

I did get in touch with a team member about this and as stated, the reason always seems to be because the job is closed and/or the client has already hired someone. I would think a message such as "job is closed" would be better than "invalid opening status." Also, a notification should happen before the proposal page opens. I spent a lot of time writing up a nice proposal to a private invite only to realize I could not submit it.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 20

Hi Robert,

I want to note that we are not privy to a client's hiring activities. Some clients may be quick to hire for their job, while others may take their time. We've heard of stories here in the Community where freelancers were still drafting their proposals to find out that the client has already hired someone. You may check the "Activity on this job"  at the bottom of job posts to see the client's hiring activity for a job. 

Thank you for also taking the time to share your feedback about this feature. We'll make sure to share it with the team so that we can improve the experience. 

~ Avery
Upwork
khojjjaaa
Shamel H Member Since: Jan 17, 2021
9 of 20

Hi there:

I just got the same message,

"Invalid opening status"

I am trying to accept an invitation with no luck,

Shamel.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
10 of 20

Hi Shamel,

Looks like that the projects you're referring to has been closed. This is why you're getting that message.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS