🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invalid suspension and subsequent proposal ca...
Page options
91b90244
Community Member

Invalid suspension and subsequent proposal cancelations

I'm needing some assistance. I just went through an invalid suspension. Someone approached me about a project, they wanted to take the work off Upwork, I reported the conversation to Upwork, flagged the job posting, and blocked the client. They ended up being a complete scam, the company wanted your bank details, weren't even the actual people they were representing themselves as. Well, I took all the right steps in reporting them. To my shock, I get my account suspended for agreeing to take payment off of Upwork (which to make abundantly clear - I NEVER agreed to any such thing and instead reported the account) ?! I called and informed the Trust and Safety team I took all the right steps in reporting fake company, blocking them from messing me again, etc. I got my account reinstated but I lost ALL my proposals, they were forcibly withdrawn. I was awaiting many contracts to go through, I was in the final selection from interviews and they informed me they were moving forward with me. These contracts were invite-only, so I am not able to resubmit for them again. So what do I do? 

This seems so extremely unfair that I took the right steps, was penalized for it with a suspension, and then am most likely going to lose business because my prospective clients saw I withdrew my proposals (on about 5 invite-only jobs). When I asked Upwork to tell me specifically how I made the violation, I got zero explanations. When I asked them about how to correct my proposal issues, I got no answers. I emailed and called with no help. 

Is there a way they can reinstate my proposals? This needs to be fixed, you cant penalize good contractors for reporting and doing the right thing then impacting their business. 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Rebecca B wrote:

Is there a way they can reinstate my proposals? 

Unfortunately there is no way to do that, but those clients can still easily hire you, the message rooms and your proposals all still exist. Just write to the clients via the message room that there has been a glitch on Upwork's side which caused all your proposals to be discontinued (no need to go into details) and that all they have to do to hire you is go to your profile and hit the "Hire" button.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rebecca,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and email to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths