cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor + 3ds max (for render) OR Solidworks! Freelancers perspective!

gajendradewra
Community Leader
Gajendra D Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
1 of 4

I know, this question has been discussed alot worldwide! however I found all participants/exprienced person was industrialist of engineers having jobs in companies, What about FREELANCER? 

I saw our clients ask for Solidworks, specially! I don't understand why. since Inventor also has its spread our many industries and considered more engineering program! Also I seen Solidworks is not for individual since it cost alot since it provide only perpetual license instead Inventor can be licesnsed for subsription so might be helpful for new innovators! 

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
2 of 4

"I know, this question has been discussed alot worldwide!"

What question?

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
gajendradewra
Community Leader
Gajendra D Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
3 of 4

which is best for a freelancer in respect of his FREELANCING carrer, his interest and requirements ?

Solidworks or Inventor? 

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
4 of 4

Well I'm no expert in either program, but I guess you have to weigh up the cost of the software, the capabilities of the software, how easy it is to learn the software, and if there's usually a client preference. Neither will be 10 out of 10 for each area, some will be better in some and worse in others. 

All of those will vary depending on the freelancer in question, so it's hard to say which one is best for you, but you need to weigh up the pros and cons when it comes to your freelance career. Although one thing to note... I've never heard of Inventor. I hear of Solidworks regularly.  

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS