🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invitaitons and profile views dropped to 0 in...
Page options
2c7edce7
Community Member

Invitaitons and profile views dropped to 0 in 1 month

Hello fellow freelancers.

I have this issue about invitations for the jobs and profile views. I had 3 to 4 invitations a day until last month but they suddenly stopped one day and I am receiving no invitations at all now. I also checked my profile stats and my profile is not even viewed once in the last month. I don't understand what happened suddenly. I had some work done in the last month and they gave me good reviews and I even managed to pull my JSS up with the latest jobs. I am also applying to jobs almost every day. Is there anyone who could tell me why is this happening and what can I do to get invites again?

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Murat,

Please keep in mind that freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone has a fair chance to be discovered. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your response, so am I basically in the off-season now? I am mostly getting my jobs through invitations and now I am sitting here achieving nothing. Isn't there anything at all that I can do to be seen in the search results?  For example, I have activated an "active now" badge in my profile today, would it make a difference? I am up for your suggestions desperately.

Hi Murat,

As I've noted above, search results cannot be affected as freelancers are shown on a rotating basis. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Murat P wrote:

I have this issue about invitations for the jobs and profile views. I had 3 to 4 invitations a day until last month

Not really, considering you had a grand total of 11 in the last 90 days.

Murat P wrote:

...even managed to pull my JSS up with the latest jobs.

Your JSS is still very low. Whilst the visibility of a profile in search results is rotated, such a low JSS will mean you end up getting rotated less highly and it also doesn't look so attractive to clients. You'd likely see a difference when you get above 80%.

I  have activated an "active now" badge in my profile today, would it make a difference?

It won't because that does not affect where you appear in search results. It is specifically only recommended for freelancers who are already getting invited regularly.

Keep sending proposals, work on your JSS, and once that improves and your rotation picks up, so will your invitations.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths