🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invitation - Preferred qualifications
Page options
m1_astrologer
Community Member

Invitation - Preferred qualifications

Good afternoon team,

Many times i received invitations from clients but it not match  like attachment or skills

my question is what if i accept the invitation? because what i know since long time that when i apply to job i need to be sure 100% that i meet the client requirments

now i received invitation and client request someone from Egypt, UAE, KSA but he mention the location by miskae to be UAE

Seeking your advice 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mohamed Hassan O wrote:

Thank you Martina,

What i understand i can accept even the requirments from client not match with my skills ?

like client request 100% job success or some location or language

Thanks!

Of course, if the client invites you, why not?

An invitation, even if the job is not a fit for your skills, can at least lead to a conversation, and maybe other jobs with this client in the future. This is just being a professional. If you made a good impression, he might remember you. 

I only decline invitations when it's clear to me I don't want to work with them ever. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You can accept or decline an invitation, it has no effect on your rating, except for the timeliness of your response. 

Thank you Martina,

What i understand i can accept even the requirments from client not match with my skills ?

Thanks!

Mohamed Hassan O wrote:

Thank you Martina,

Thanks!

Of course, if the client invites you, why not?

An invitation, even if the job is not a fit for your skills, can at least lead to a conversation, and maybe other jobs with this client in the future. This is just being a professional. If you made a good impression, he might remember you. 

I only decline invitations when it's clear to me I don't want to work with them ever. 

Mohamed Hassan O wrote:

Little true story: Last week I applied for a gig with a location preference (those are NOT requirements, they are merely preferences!) for Germany.

Out of the huge number of applicants the client hired two people: Myself (German but living in Italy) and another freelancer, who lives in Norway.

There is nothing stopping anyone applying for gigs even if you don't meet ALL the preferences.

Thank you so mich

O yeah, these are Preferences, why on earth have I been taking it as Requirements?
Many thanks Petra R!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members