🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Invitation from a client not showing
Page options
palmero-salvador
Community Member

Invitation from a client not showing

A client sent me an invitation prior to me sending my proposal however the invitation itself didn't appear in my profile. 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

50 REPLIES 50
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Salvador, 

I checked your account and it looks like you were only invited to apply, and the contract has not been awarded yet. Once the client sends you an offer, and you have accepted the contract, this will show on your Work History as "Job in Progress." 

Seeing as you are new here, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thanks for the reply. That is actually my main concern because I was told by the client that she sent me an invitation to apply but I could not see that invitation on my end. She even sent me some screenshots but I really could not find any.

Hi Salvador,

When a client sends you a direct invitation you will receive notification about it, once you have accepted the invitation a message room will be created for both parties.
You can also find this under Proposals > Active candidacy as it is listed on your home page.

~ Goran
Upwork

Actually the client sent me screenshots regarding the invitation to apply unfortunately I did not receive any notifications about it. I have checked everything, even sent her some screenshots too but still could not find any.  

Hi Salvador, 

CAn you send me the screenshots via PM(click on my name) along with the name of the client, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I also have the same problem my  client sent me an invitation but I can't see it in my account.

My client sent screenshot of invintation and even sent me a link for the invitation, when I open the lik It says I am not authorized to access this page .

Maybe someone can help me with it too.

Btw I'm currently working on a job with the same client and he wants to send invite for anotherproject.

Thanks!

Hi Sharlyn,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already accepted the offer from your client. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am actually having this same problem right now.Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 2.30.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-26 at 2.30.38 PM.png

Hi Brandon,

I checked your account, and it looks like the notifications are showing the two invites you have. Could you please try to view it again using a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? You can also try clicking the invites from your notifications by clicking the bell icon. If it is still not showing up on your end, please let us know. Thanks. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne Marie,

I am also facing this same problem right now. The client send me an invitation but I can't see it in my account. I humbly request to you please solve this issue. 

Thanks!

Hi Saima, 

Once you receive an Invitation to Interview you can accept it in your Proposals-Invitations to Interviews or by clicking on the bell icon. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm having the same problem now.
Someone should please help.

Hi Peace,

You should be able to see your invitation by going to Find Work > Proposals, under the Invitations to interview Section. Alternatively, you can also access it from the notification you received, you can see your notifications by clicking on the bell icon, to the left of your profile picture.

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi I am Yusuf 

-my client sent an invitation for a work but didn't receive any notification both on my upwork app and my Gmail too.

-Anyway to help me see the notification of the job this my

first time on upwork 

Hi Yusuf,

I checked your profile and I'm not seeing that a client sent you an invitation. Are you referring to an account different from the one you're posting from? As a gentle reminder, having multiple accounts is considered a serious violation of the Upwork TOS.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hey! i also have the same problem pls help me too!

Hi Hasham,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I can see that you were able to accept an offer from a client today (10- March). Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b2c7d1d9
Community Member

Hey! i have anothe problem . i am trying to verify my account but it again and again gives an error ' couldnt verify your account ' . Also i wanna change my picture of the account as the picture i have currently doesnt have my beard which maybe a hindernce in the verification process . pls help 

Hi Hasham,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and your account will be reviewed as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Accepted invitations are not showing in message box since morning what is issue

Hi Upwork Community Members, Few hours ago I received a Notification on my Mobile Phone that A client has been invited me on a job and when I clicked on it Upwork mobile app asked me to login I did the login but then I didn't get that job invitation anywhere in my profile, no notification, no job invite nothing about that so my question is when a client invited is there any possibility that they can remove that invitation and another thing is I didn't get email for this notification!

Can you help me to find out what is the issue here as I am not getting new invites from last few days. 

Looking forward to hearign from you soon.

Thank you 

Hi Nafees,

Have you tried checking your notifications? Was the invite also not showing from this page? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, Few hours ago a client sent me a job invite but it didn't show up on my account. I checked everywhere but just couldn't find it. Not in Invitation to Interview nor in any other section. Didn't receive any notification as well. Kindly guide me through a solution if possible. Thank you.

Muhammad J wrote:
Hi, Few hours ago a client sent me a job invite but it didn't show up on my account. 

How do you know about the job invite? Did you receive an email? Is there a link to accept or decline the invite in the email?

Your profile does not rank very high in searches, so it is a little unusual that a client would randomly stumble across it and invite you?

Hi Muhammad,

I checked but there are no pending invitations on your account. Could you please send us more information about the job invite so that we can take a look?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Invitations not showing in proposals not when I accept a invitation it shows in message box only it shows in notifications.

Hi Ali,

Thank you for contacting us.

I see that the relevant team is already communicating with you via a support ticket here. They will respond to your ticket as soon as there is an update for you. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them directly on the same ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hello Avery..

My client has sent the invitation but it's not showing on my profile could you please tell me what is happening with my profile.

Hi Nidhi,

I checked but couldn't find any pending invitation on your account. Could you please send me a private message with more information on the invitation along with the client's name so that I can take a look?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello invitations accepted are not showing in message box what is issue

Hi Ali,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My problem still not resolved accepted invitations don't show in message box.
c0bc210c
Community Member

Hi there 
My offline US client send me a work invitation message today. I checked everywhere but just couldn't find it. Not in Invitation to Interview nor in any other section. Didn't receive any notification as well. I have attached the screenshot below. please check this out and let me know kindly.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks

Hi Gazi,

Thank you for your message. You can check your invitation and active proposals on this page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
769c120f
Community Member

Hi Support team,

Two my Client send me invition of my profile but it is not showing in invitation as well notification. one client transfer me all the payment with bonus it is only showing  first payment.please look into this matter wating for positive reply.

best regards

Muhammad Waheed

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. Please note that all funds released by the client need to complete 5 days security period before it is available for withdrawal. You can check your Report page for the current status of your payments.

I checked your invitations and there is no new invitation to apply for jobs on your Upwork account. I see a client responded to your proposal today but the job has been already taken down for TOS violation. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
negrua
Community Member

Hello,

It is the same for me. In the past 2 months I've been notified by different clients that they invited me on a project, but I received no notifications (email or Upwork). They showed me as well a screenshot that they invited me.
In the end, some of the invites appeared after 1-2 days, but on other situations the client hired me directly.

Yesterday this problem appeared as well. A client invited me on 2 different jobs, but I didn't received anything. She showed me some screenshoots as well - in the end, she had to hire me directly as well.

Please report this bugs to the IT team so they can check and fix as quick as possible. 

Dear Support,

This is my second Post i am not receiving invitation from client. two client invite me but there is no notification and email in my account. please view the attached invitation of  my client screen shot.This is my second post. please look into this matter on high priorty basis. now client hired me directly.

please fix. this issue.

regards

Muhammad waheed

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
49c871af
Community Member

I also got this issue. My client said that he already sent the invitation but I couldn't find it on the Upwork Notification nor Email.

Can someone help me?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths