cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitation still active after hired for the job! Communication stats down...

beckypearse
Becky P Member Since: Oct 27, 2015
1 of 8

I have just had a pointless chat with Upwork customer support after seeing my comunication stats go down. I did not reply to a job invitation because I was also sent the job offer directly. I accepted the job offer and assumed the job invitation would disappear (this seems logical to me), but no, Upwork customer support says these are two separate processes and I should have declined the invitation.

Now my communication stats have gone down and I cannot do anything about it according to Upwork customer support. Has this happened to anybody else?

How does Upwork not delete an invitation to a job when I have been hired for that job?

aycamara
Ace Contributor
Armela C Member Since: Jun 6, 2015
2 of 8

Dear  Becky,

Hi! I think they announced a Stability  of websites  today  but no additional functions.  The Job  Offer is the tender  of  the contract,  and asks ifyou will accept or not.  If the Invitatiion  transposes into  an Active candidacy  and stays in the left panel of Messages and comes out on the top portion of  Proposals  Page  when you open it.   What  Ive  done  is to  withdraw a Proposal that  used to be an active  candidacy of  a client  who was unresponsive and  followed  up on  thru the message section  and didnt want to be disturbed.  Personally, I  found it "impatience", I didnt want  to  have to  be  in  a workplace  with that present in the air.  Patiently  waitng for  a  month,  I felt  hurt  when the  client showed some impatience. 

I closed the issue, withdrew my proposal  because I wasnt a fit, according to the client),  but despite  a  cajole  (like  an  upsell), was rudely  brushed  off ,  and I moved on, got  new  sets  of available connects, and  applied  again. But  the next  thing  I  know, withrawing  a proposal  from  an active  Candidacy does not delete or make  it  Inactive.  

The back end might still be working on  functions.

Armela  Y Camara (tm)

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 8

Hi Becky,

I can confirm the information you received from Support. You do need to accept or decline the invitations you receive in order to keep your invite response rate high.

Untitled
beckypearse
4 of 8

Thanks Vladimir, but that's not really what I am asking. The issue is that I had accepted the job and the invitation for that job did not disappear.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 8

Are you sure the customer didn't just invite you to a new job? They sometimes invite you or respond to your bid and then create a new job with an offer. Not sure why, but it happens to me on occasion.

beckypearse
6 of 8

Hi Jennifer,

I checked to see if that was the case, but it's the same job.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 8

Hi Becky,

It appears you didn't accept the invitation to apply for the job and only declined the invitation recently after you had already accepted the offer. When you accept the invitation and apply for the job, the invitation becomes an actve candidacy and then gets archived automatically once you are hired on that contract.

~ Valeria
Upwork
beckypearse
8 of 8

Thanks Valeria, but my point is that once I accept the job and the contract starts, the invitation for the same job (regardless of whether I got the job offer through the invitation or not) should disappear.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS