Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitation to interviews

Ace Contributor
Silvana Francesca D Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
1 of 7

Hi.

I have just accepted an invitation to an interview and I have texted a message to the client.

I would like just to edit something because I forgot to add some details but I can't find the message anymore.

I don't want to propose different terms but only edit my text.

Is it possible?

Where can I find my message?

Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
2 of 7

Please follow these simple steps and you can edit your text. Go to your messages and click on that chat from which you recently receive an invitation for the interview. In chat window on the Top right, you will see a little gear icon, click on it and select edit. Here you go..

Ace Contributor
Silvana Francesca D Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
3 of 7

Thanks for your answer.

The point is that I cannot find the message.

I'm sure that my proposal has been sent to the client because, if I click on the notification about the invitation for the interview, it is allowed me to... propose different terms. 

But where is my message?

I can't find it. There is no message to that client.

It is the firt time that something like that occurs to me here on Upwork. 

Can it be matter of updating? Maybe it takes some time...

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 7

If you're talking about the actual proposal box, there is no way to edit that.  All you can do is update your terms.  I may be misunderstanding what you're saying, but you can't edit a proposal after it's submitted. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
This widget could not be displayed.
5 of 7
This widget could not be displayed.

@Silvana Francesca D wrote:

Thanks for your answer.

The point is that I cannot find the message.

I'm sure that my proposal has been sent to the client because, if I click on the notification about the invitation for the interview, it is allowed me to... propose different terms. 

But where is my message?

I can't find it. There is no message to that client.

It is the firt time that something like that occurs to me here on Upwork. 

Can it be matter of updating? Maybe it takes some time...

This sounds like the client has not sent an invitation but a job offer that you can only accept. Probably you will find something in your workroom messages. 

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
6 of 7

Silvana,

Under normal circumstances, you should be able to see your reply to an invite either in Messages as a new thread, or by going to Proposals and selecting the relevant proposal, where the message thread should appear as well.

BUT: there are currently a lot of bugs and error messages left, right and center, and I cannot find my replies to invites either. I know my last message went through (invite turned into active candidacy), but it's not visible anywhere. 

If and when they (your replies to invites) show up in your messages, you can indeed edit them by clicking on the "settings" symbol.

However, proposals sent by way of replying to an RFP cannot be edited.

Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
7 of 7

Click Proposals.

Find the job in the list of Active Candidacies. Click on it.

The last section on the page is called Messages and should include a text box where you can type a message underneath the text of the client's invitation and your proposal.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS