🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Invitation to job posts
Page options
saeedahmad0609
Community Member

Invitation to job posts

#Repost
Hello!

I used to receive a lot of invitation to interviews and job offers both from clients and Upwork talent specilists when I was not a top rated freelancer and my job score was between 88 and 92. Nearly all clients contacted me after reading my purposals. I thought that the number of offers will increase after getting Top rated badge but to my surprise that didn't happen.

On the contrary I haven't received any proposal since I got my top rated badge. 
What I beleive is that its because most of the clients on upwork have Basic account and they cant search top rated freelancers. 
So you have any thoughts or advice? Thanks a lot!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clients can now invite only 3 freelancers unless they pay for the Plus plan.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Saeed, 

While we won't be able to advice agencies and clients with how they select freelancers, you can definitely create a proposal and a profile that would make you stand out from everyone else.

You may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Let me know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
bukyyy
Community Member

I also used to have a JSS of 92% and since it dropped the number of invites increased...

Yeah same thing happened to me. Back in December my JSS dropped to 83% and I was getting 3-4 invitations/week. 

p_serechenko
Community Member

Dear Saeed,

Maybe it is just a coincidence, bad timing AND has nothing to do with your score.

Just saying:)

Polina S wrote:

Dear Saeed,

Maybe it is just a coincidence, bad timing AND has nothing to do with your score.

Maybe, maybe not. This is very interesting. Maybe I'll try to sabotage my JSS score and see what happens - I have nothing to lose, since I receive no invitations whatsoever these days.

Christine A wrote:

Polina S wrote:

Dear Saeed,

Maybe, maybe not. This is very interesting. Maybe I'll try to sabotage my JSS score and see what happens - I have nothing to lose, since I receive no invitations whatsoever these days.

One hypothesis--
If you have a JSS of 89%, you are at the top of the 80 to 90% segment of freelancers. Once you move to a JSS of 90% you are at the bottom of the 90 to 100% segment. The competition against whom you are being weighed changes. 

Tonya P wrote:

One hypothesis--
If you have a JSS of 89%, you are at the top of the 80 to 90% segment of freelancers. Once you move to a JSS of 90% you are at the bottom of the 90 to 100% segment. The competition against whom you are being weighed changes. 

Hmmm. Or maybe if a freelancer's JSS drops below 90, Upwork promotes them for awhile (like by moving them to the top of the search results) so that they can get back in the game faster. 

I dont think so because a lot of freelancers had this issue in past and they mentioned it here on community forum but unforunately no one answered their queires.

Clients can now invite only 3 freelancers unless they pay for the Plus plan.

This is making a huge difference now the freelancer who just started are not being invited. I have 100 % job success but never get invites 😞

Priya T wrote:

This is making a huge difference now the freelancer who just started are not being invited.

You've been here for more than a year. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members