Community Member

Invitations

How do I know if I have an invitation?

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vernon,

Once you receive an Invitation to Interview, you can locate it in your Proposals-Invitations to Interviews or by clicking on the bell icon. 

Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jimeyer
Community Member

It sounds like that in his mind he had chosen to hire me, as he wanted my edres S so he could send me his doc, actually, her doc.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vernon, 

Your reply to Bojan's post raised a red flag. Did the client clarify what kind of document they were going to send you? Did they say they wanted to send a check you need to encash in a local bank? If the answer is yes, please flag the client's job post as inappropriate. Offering and accepting to be paid off Upwork, regardless if it's a bonus, payment for equipment that you need to buy, expenses that you will incur doing the client's project is not allowed on Upwork as it violates Section 7. Non-Circumvention of the Upwork User Agreement. 

I would definitely recommend checking out the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

Vernon M wrote:

It sounds like that in his mind he had chosen to hire me, as he wanted my edres S so he could send me his doc, actually, her doc.

They don't need your adress to send you anything. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths