🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invitations
Page options
sharjeel_hassan
Community Member

Invitations

Hey. I've been on Upwork for over a year now. I've only gotten 3 orders so far, and two of them from the same client. I've never sent a copy-pasted cover letter to any potential buyer, and I've always promptly replied.

The only invitation I ever get are scammers from Africa and India who think I'm dumb enough to contact them outside Upwork.

Any advice?

2 REPLIES 2
the3dguru
Community Member

I'm no expert, specifically not in your field, but I think your profile is a bit empty. There's no history of work, no detail about yourself, no specific reason for a client to pick you at all. Thats particularly dissapointing given that you are a writer. Write something!

From the clients perspective, you are competing with a lot of other people offering the same work. If all you have to offer is a price and they want  cheap, they have lots of options. If you have something else to offer its not showing in your profile.

Thank you.

I added more description. As for work history, freelancing is essentially my first professional foray, and the only other work history I have is on Fiverr. Is there any way to highlight that? Or would that be allowed?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members