Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invite-Only Question - Upwork Mods Please Advise

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
1 of 6

My client tells me there's no way to send an invite-only project in which I can put together and leave a bid. Is that true ... that she has to enter an amount?

We're working around it through personal email, but I told her I'd look into it on the forum. 

Is there a way for her to submit an invite-only without entering an amount?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Virginia,

If it's a fixed-price project, your client will need to put an approximate budget in the job post. You can still bid with the amount you see fit for the contract and negotiate the price with the client. Once you agree on a price, she will need to send you an offer with the final terms.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
3 of 6

Yes, fixed price ... always.

But can you clarify, please?

The last invite she sent offered two choices, accept or decline. What happens if I choose decline? Is that where an option to come back with a different bid amount comes in?

When can I "still bid with the amount you see fit"?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 6

Virginia,

If you accept the invitation you will be able to bid and propose your terms. After you accept an invitation, you will be able to negotiate and propose different terms before the offer is made.

If you decline the invitation, the client will be able to invite you to apply to their other jobs unless you block them. You will also be able to bid for their other jobs.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
5 of 6

Okay - thanks.

mtngigi
Community Guru
6 of 6

Just FYI - my client and I tested this out today. It doesn't work at all the way you suggested. And the fact that the client can't do an invite without putting an amount is makes me scratch my head. I don't know why this site make everything so convoluted and difficult.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS