🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invite for a meeting using email ID
Page options
morrey4
Community Member

Invite for a meeting using email ID

I have a client interested in hiring me and wants to connect tomorrow to talk further.  He has asked me for my email ID.  Is this something that is on my Upwork account and if not, what is he referring to?

Please advise how I approach this as I am unsure what he is looking for other than an email address maybe?

Any help would be great as I have not responded to him as of yet and the job looks really great.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
roberty1y
Community Member

Sharing contact details before a contract has been placed is against Upwork's terms of service and could lead to you having your account suspended.

People who want your contact details before they enter a contract are nearly always scammers. 

Great....thank you.  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marnie,

In a case like that, you can let them know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the “Flag as Inappropriate” option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members